Register Now Closed for the 2023 Community Opportunities Fair
Binghamton University’s Center for Civic Engagement is hosting our Community Opportunities Fair from noon to 3 p.m., Thursday, September 21, in the University Union Mandela Room and Old Union Hall. Set-up begins at 11 a.m.
The Community Opportunities Fair is a great chance for your organization to:
- recruit students to get involved as interns or volunteers
- connect with student groups interested in community service
- meet faculty engaged in community-based research, community-engaged teaching or other projects with community components
- network and learn from other community professionals and meet University personnel from various offices and departments
We are pleased to provide one free parking pass per tabling organization this year. You may park in the Visitors Parking lot. The parking pass will be provided during check-in, and you will then present this pass as you exit the Visitors Parking lot after the event. Note that if you have multiple people tabling and they arrive in separate cars, only one of them will be able to use the parking pass. All others will need to pay for parking upon exiting the lot.
Unloading your car:
There will be an unloading zone for vehicles set up outside of the University Union (at the side doors across from the Engineering building). Friendly volunteers will assist you in carrying your display materials inside to the Mandela Room and Old Union Hall.
What to Bring:
- Displays, laptops, giveaways and good ideas!
- Handouts on specific events, activities and projects with which you would like assistance
- Examples of how students and faculty have contributed to your organization in the past
- Lunch and snacks. In order to keep costs down and allow organizations to participate free of charge, we are only able to provide water and soda. FYI: There is a full-service Dunkin' Donuts in the Tillman Lobby, adjacent to the rooms the fair will be set up in. The MarketPlace, located at the opposite end of the University Union, also offers a number of food options.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com or 607-777-4287.