When testing at the UTC, examinees (test-takers) must:
- Have an appointment.
- Provide disability accommodation letters to the UTC, if applicable.
- Arrive ten (10) minutes prior to appointment time.
- Bring a photo ID (driver's license, student ID, passport, etc.) as proof of identity.
- Provide their own pencils, pens, calculators, etc., as appropriate.
- Leave any personal belongings with the proctor before beginning the exam.
- Test-takers can ask University Testing Center staff for clarification on instructions only. UTC staff will contact the authorized testing representative (instructor or other individual responsible for the exam) with any questions or concerns brought to their attention during exam administration.
- Examinees are responsible for monitoring their remaining exam time. Failure to return your exam will be reported to the authorized testing representative and may be subject to disciplinary action.
- While our testing environment offers reduced distractions, it can never be completely distraction free, as we are unable to control all sounds inside or outside of the UTC. You may request ear plugs and/or headphones provided by our office to muffle sounds.
- To ensure exam confidentially, the UTC will collect all materials brought to or generated during the exam. Examinees are advised to make photocopies of any supplementary materials before coming to the UTC.
- Test-takers exhibiting disorderly or disruptive conduct that interferes with the normal operations of the UTC or infringes on the rights of others may be barred from testing with our office and subject to additional disciplinary procedures.
- Individuals present in the UTC are monitored at all times through various methods of supervision, including video surveillance. Any record of questionable activities may be subject to review for disciplinary, safety, or procedural concerns.
A complete list of guidelines, including behavioral expectations, is available for review and will be included in your appointment confirmation email.