Application to the OTD Entry-Level Professional program is conducted via the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application System/OTCAS.
OTCAS is now open for fall 2024 applications! Applicants must create an OTCAS account and add Binghamton’s OTD Entry-Level Professional program to their program materials section.
Follow these steps:
- To create an account on OTCAS, you must create a username and password. Then, closely follow the directions on OTCAS. You will not need to submit any payment until later in the process. More detailed information can be found on the FAQ webpage for OTCAS.
- Once logged in, select “Add a Program” in the bottom right section of the application.
- After clicking "Add a Program," search for "Binghamton University" and then click the “+” next to the name of the Entry-Level Professional OTD Program.
- Complete and submit your application to Binghamton University!
NOTE: Decker College’s entry-level OTD degree program has applied for accreditation and has been granted Candidacy Status by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). Review our full accreditation and licensure statement.
- Applicants must have an earned bachelor's degree with a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 from an accredited college or university to be considered for admission.
- Transcripts of prerequisite coursework completion, B- grade or higher, must be submitted for official admission into the program.
- Applicants must fully complete prerequisite coursework to enroll in the program:
- Abnormal psychology or psychopathology, 3 credits
- Developmental psychology, 3 credits
- Behavioral sciences/sociology/anthropology, 3 credits
- Human anatomy and physiology I and II with dissection lab, 6 credits
- Statistics, 3 credits
- Submission of a 1,000-word personal statement is required. This statement should address why the applicant has selected occupational therapy as a career and how this degree relates to the applicant’s immediate and long-term professional goals. Applicants should describe how personal, educational and professional background will help them achieve their goals. This essay is an important part of the application and allows applicants to clearly and effectively express themselves.
- 3 letters of recommendation are required; one of these letters must be from a practicing occupational therapist.
The OTD Entry-Level Professional program does not require submission of GRE scores.
NOTE: This program is not yet authorized to issue immigration documents for international students seeking F or J status.
How to Apply
- Application to the OTD Entry-Level Professional program is conducted via the Occupational Therapist Centralized Application System/OTCAS.
- OTCAS will begin accepting applications for fall 2024 on Dec. 1, 2023