Binghamton University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We encourage those from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply.
The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Communications and Marketing Graduate Assistant (DEI GA) will support the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and its sub-departments with a wide-range of marketing and communications related initiatives. The program assistant may work on web and content management, social media, publications, reports, promotional campaigns, materials and/or promotional events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the DEI GA shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with organizing and training staff on communications and marketing related
information and standards
--Support training of sub-department Marketing Interns in the areas of public relations, marketing, graphic design, social media, and content management/web design.
- Help with enhancing and increasing awareness of the division and its initiatives through
a variety of methods to include:
--Develop outreach and marketing materials and publications
--Assist with development of divisional communications plan and manage social media channels and divisional website
--Assist with creation of divisional communications such as Dateline and B-line news announcements, newsletter, print and email campaigns
--Work with university communications and marketing staff as necessary
- Conduct assessments, research and benchmarking surveys as needed
- Attend all cultural competency and diversity trainings as requested
- Attend regular supervision and staff meetings; review literature as provided
- Perform other duties assigned by the Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Staff, as requested.
- Must have a bachelors degree or be enrolled as a graduate student
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent creative, customer service, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or in team setting
- Experience in writing, marketing, social media, and graphic design preferred
- Experience in event planning, workshop development, facilitation, training, and marketing a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google documents, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and Indesign) and social media platforms; knowledge of photography and video production software a plus
- Some night and weekend hours are required
Term: Flexible start date as early as June 3, 2019; flexible end date as late as June 21,
Hours: 15-20 hrs per week
Pay: Graduate Stipend of $4,657.76 per semester, GSEU eligible
To Apply: Persons interested should submit the general application from the Student Affairs website. Questions related to this position should be directed to Tanyah Barnes, MRC associate director at email@example.com or 607-777-4472.