The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strives for the development of a welcoming campus climate through diversity and inclusion.
To advance Binghamton University's teaching, research and service mission and commitment to excellence by working collaboratively throughout the institution with faculty, staff and students to promote a campus climate that values diversity, equity and inclusion.
Who We Are
The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is now DEI. We are no longer just an office (formerly known as ODEI); we are a division.
The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion was created from the Binghamton University Road Map process and supports the development and implementation of diversity and inclusion initiatives that create a welcoming campus climate that exudes a fundamental respect for human diversity in all its dimensions. We view diversity as encompassing all individuals and groups, as well as social, cultural, political, religious and other affiliations. The office is committed to the idea of respect for human diversity in our learning and working environs and to creating an atmosphere where prejudice, harassment and discrimination are unacceptable. Our divisional organizational chart in enclosed here with a listing of our staff.
The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is located in the Glenn G. Bartle Library, LS-G548.
What We Do:
- Provide oversight of the University's recruitment process for faculty and staff
- Provide professional development for faculty staff and students as it relates to cultural competency, civility, equity and inclusion
- Encourage and support the retention of underrepresented faculty, staff and students
- Conduct investigations regarding alleged discrimination or bias in the work environment, recruitment process, tenure process and in our classrooms and university spaces.
- Conduct equity studies
Major components of DEI
The Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is comprised of the Office of the Vice President, the UDiversity Educational Institute, the Multicultural Resource Center, the Q Center and the Academic and Divisional Diversity Officers.
DEI Annual Reports
- Faculty and Staff of Color Association
- Alumni of Color Reunion