Join us...January 11-12, 2024!
We are excited to invite you to the 2024 NYS College and University Emergency Management Workshop, January 11-12, 2024 at Binghamton University. This annual event has become a cornerstone in our efforts to being together practitioners in higher education emergency management. It is a platform to learn, exchange experiences, and foster the professional development of higher ed. emergency management practitioners.
Emergency management continues to be a rapidly growing field with increasing demands and pressures.
The dynamic landscape of emergency management presents new challenges and opportunities every day. This workshop is your chance to stay ahead in this ever-evolving field. We aim to bring together practitioners to share their invaluable experiences, expertise, and insights, and to collectively support the professional development of individuals with emergency management responsibilities in a higher education setting.
We have prepared an engaging and informative agenda featuring a wide array of topics. Here's a sneak peek at what you can expect:
- Strategies for Emergency Mass Notification (EMN)
- Emergency Management and Student Affairs: A case study of the evacuation of a resident population and the role ICS played
- Case Study: NYC Parking Garage Collapse
- Emergency Management Curriculum: A discussion of SUNY Canton’s emergency management degree to inform and seek input from practitioners
- National Weather Service (NWS) Tools for Emergency Managers
- Current Emergency Management Hot Topics: A facilitated discussion & workgroups
- K12 Family Reunification - A Journey from Planning to Exercising to Disappointment
- Case Study: Presentations from two institutions who experienced the Buffalo 2022 Christmas Blizzard
- The development of Binghamton University's COVID-19 AAR: Where it began and how it evolved
- Emergency Management Lessons Learned from COVID-19 and Applied to a "Post Pandemic” University
- SUNY System Update: A discussion of current policy updates and issues associated with SUNY campuses
PEP Talks (Preparedness, Emergencies, Planning): This year's workshop will feature several TED Talk style presentations where speakers will share success stories or "easy wins" that helped improve their emergency management program or advanced their career.
We believe the knowledge, experiences, and insights shared during this workshop will be of immense value to you and your institution. It's an excellent opportunity to connect with leaders in higher education and engage in discussions that will shape the future of emergency management in the academic context. Ample opportunities to network will allow you to develop professional relationships with your peers and reconnect with others.
Mark your calendars for January 11-12, 2024, and join us in Binghamton at the 2024 NYS College and University Emergency Management Workshop. Your participation will contribute to the collective growth and advancement of our field. We look forward to seeing you in Binghamton.
Registration is Open!
The $110 cost of registration includes attendance for both days of presentations, lunch on each day, refreshment breaks, and the evening reception on day 1.