Responding to injuries
If any situation appears to be a medical emergency, contact University Police at 911 (from a campus phone) or 607-777-2393 (from any phone) to get help immediately.
In the event of an accident involving injury or illness:
- If life threatening, seek emergency medical treatment.
- Notify University Police at 911 (from a campus phone) or 607-777-2393 (from any phone). Stay on the phone until instructed to hang up.
- Be prepared to give as much information as possible, such as location, nature of injury, cause of injury and any hazards that may be present.
- Employees must notify their immediate supervisor as quickly as possible of any on-the-job injury or illness. If it is not an emergency, the supervisor should be notified BEFORE the employee seeks medical treatment.
- After the emergency has ended, file Accident Form (CS-13). This form is available from your supervisor or Environmental Health and Safety at 607-777-2211.
- The Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) manages the reporting process. All forms, procedures and campus policies regarding the reporting of accidents can be found on the EH&S website's Forms and Documents page.
Spilled liquids and wet floors are on the major causes of slips, trips and falls.
- If you spill something, clean it up immediately.
- If you discover a spill or wet floor and need assistance, contact Physical Facilities at 607-777-2226 week days (607-777-2341evenings, weekends and holidays)
Report all other hazards (malfunctioning equipment, holes in the sidewalk, loose carpet, etc.) to physical facilities immediately.
To Report an Emergency:
- Dial 911 from any on-campus phone.
- Dial 607-777-2222 from any non-campus (cell) phone.
- Pick up any Blue Light phone located on university property.