Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment
The Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment provides selected students with grants of up to $4000 to participate in University-approved, high-impact learning opportunities.
(Note: grant requests of $1,000 or less should apply to the Harpur Edge Student Support Fund.)
- What can funds be used for?
Funds may be used for travel and related expenses for:
- Professional conference participation
- Academic research
- Professional Internships
- Other qualified educational opportunities
- Who is eligible?
Currently matriculated Harpur College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in good academic standing
- Current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at the University's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. Students with financial need will have priority.
- Criteria for selection
Applications will be evaluated by the selection committee to determine whether they demonstrate that the applicant will use the funding for a worthy educational pursuit. In evaluating applications, the committee will consider:
- Clarity, thoughtfulness and thoroughness of application answers
- Whether the budget is well-planned and will enable the applicant to complete the pursuit economically
- How the educational pursuit will benefit the student and contribute to the applicant's personal and intellectual growth
- Additional information
- Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to need to allow for processing time.
- Applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview or provide additional information.
- Students will typically be notified of award within 10 days of submission.
- Award amounts vary, depending on student need. Maximum total award per student is $4,000.
- Award recipients are required to submit all original documentation (receipts) after participating in the activity. If the total amount (in US dollars) of the documentation is less than the advanced amount noted above, unused funds must be returned. Any undocumented funds will be considered taxable income by the federal government.
- The Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment cannot be used for education abroad programs. Opportunities for education abroad scholarships and financial aid.
- Check with the Office of External Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards for additional funding opportunities.