Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment
The Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment provides selected students with grants of up to $4000 to participate in University-approved, high-impact learning opportunities.
(Note: grant requests of $1,000 or less should apply to the Harpur Edge Student Support Fund.)
PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS NO LONGER FUNDING AVAILABLE FOR THE 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR.
- What can funds be used for?
Funds may be used for travel and related expenses for:
- Academic research
- Professional Internships
- Other qualified educational opportunities
- Who is eligible?
Currently matriculated Harpur College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in good academic standing
- Domestic Students will have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at the University's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. International Students can demonstrate financial need on the application form without a FAFSA on file can also apply for limited funding. Students with financial need will have priority.
Priority will be given to students who have not previously received support through Harpur Edge and those with financial need.
- Criteria for selection
Applications will be evaluated by the selection committee to determine whether they demonstrate that the applicant will use the funding for a worthy educational pursuit. In evaluating applications, the committee will consider:
- Clarity, thoughtfulness and thoroughness of application answers
- Whether the budget is well-planned and will enable the applicant to complete the pursuit economically
- How the educational pursuit will benefit the student and contribute to the applicant's personal and intellectual growth
- Additional information
- Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to need to allow for processing time.
- Applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview or provide additional information.
- Student requests will be reviewed within 10 days of submission and follow-ups will be completed via Binghamton email.
- Award amounts vary, depending on student need. Maximum total award per student is $4,000.
- Award recipients are required to submit all original documentation (receipts) after participating in the activity. If the total amount (in US dollars) of the documentation is less than the advanced amount noted above, unused funds must be returned. Any undocumented funds will be considered taxable income by the federal government.
- The Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment cannot be used for education abroad programs. Opportunities for education abroad scholarships and financial aid.
- Check with the Office of External Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards for additional funding opportunities.