The Harpur Edge Student Support Fund
The Harpur Edge Student Support Fund was established to provide Harpur undergraduates with financial assistance to pursue experiential educational opportunities.
- Examples of student funding
- Undergraduate students who are seeking financial support to attend/present at conferences (virtual or in person)
- Students who need financial support to engage in research, special projects, internships, publication)
- Who is eligible
Currently matriculated Harpur College of Arts and Sciences undergraduate students who meet all of the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of 2.75 in good academic standing
- Current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at the University's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship Services. Students with financial need will have priority.
- Note: If request is for presenting at a professional conference, you must receive notification of acceptance to present before submitting award request.
Priority will be given to students who have not previously received support through the Harpur Edge Student Support Fund and those with financial need.
Students are STRONGLY encouraged to exhaust other sources of funding/scholarships prior to applying.
- Criteria for selection
Applications will be evaluated by the selection committee to determine whether they demonstrate that the applicant will use the funding for a worthy educational pursuit. In evaluating applications, the committee will consider:
- Clarity, thoughtfulness and thoroughness of application answers
- Whether the budget is well-planned and will enable the applicant to complete the pursuit economically
- How the educational pursuit will benefit the student and contribute to the applicant's personal and intellectual growth
- Additional information
- Applications must be submitted at least one month prior to need to allow for processing time.
- Applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview or provide additional information.
- Students will typically be notified of award within 10 days of submission.
- Award amounts vary, depending on student need. Maximum total award per student is $1,000.
- The Harpur High-Impact Student Learning Endowment provides selected students with grants of up to $4,000 to participate in High-Impact Learning opportunities.
- The Harpur Edge Student Support Fund cannot be used for education abroad programs. Opportunities for education abroad scholarships and financial aid can be found here.
- Check with the office of External Scholarships, Fellowships and Awards for additional funding opportunities.
- The Student Affairs Internship Fund, managed by Fleishman Career & Professional Development, provides funding to students offered an unpaid full- or part-time summer internship.