Students on Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Academic Training (AT) may purchase health insurance from UHCSR. To be eligible for international health insurance during your authorized OPT or AT period you must:
- Pay the monthly charge applied to your Student Account prior to enrollment (you may choose the number of months to buy at every renewal).
- Leave no gaps between covered insurance periods.
- The Start Date of your insurance coverage is ALWAYS the 15th of the month, and the End Date is ALWAYS the 14th of the month.
Applications for health insurance during your authorized OPT or AT period are submitted via e-forms on the ISSS BU system. There are two e-forms that must be submitted:
- OPT/AT Health Insurance Application
- Verify OPT/AT Health Insurance Payment
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING YOUR OPT/AT HEALTH INSURANCE APPLICATION ARE AVAILABLE ON-LINE!
If you would like more information, contact ISSS through email@example.com, or visit the health insurance advisory staff during regular ISSS walk-in hours.