Want to join our 2022 Summer Staff Team? Our application is now live!
2022 Summer Staff Job Description
New Student Programs is in search of twelve (12) Orientation Summer Staff to assist in the implementation of New Student Orientation during the months of late June, July, and early August 2022. There will be additional opportunities in late August to continue working if desired.
This position is open to current Binghamton University undergraduate students only. Candidates for this position must be available to work in-person, following COVID-19 guidelines.
Orientation Summer Staff will assist with the logistics of running the New Student and Family Orientation programs. In addition to the general responsibilities listed below, Summer Staff are expected to support the Binghamton University Orientation experience through serving as a resource for incoming students and their families and handling the various operational duties associated with the program.
Summer Staff will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Welcome new students and their families by providing excellent customer service
- Lead campus tours for small groups of students and family members
- Assist with check-in and check-out processes for session attendees
- Host Late Nite events as assigned during Orientation sessions
- Provide technical support for presentations in the Anderson Center Concert Theater
- Actively manage and participate in the organization of parking lots for Orientation sessions
- Set up and tear down events as needed
- Participate in a 4-day training for the position
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
Dates of Employment
The official employment dates for this position are Thursday, June 8th, 2022 to Wednesday, August 3rd, 2022.
Orientation Summer Staff will work 15-25 hours during Orientation sessions, based on need and availability. The position allows for flexibility to attend Summer Session classes and participate in other jobs and/or internships if desired. The Orientation Summer Staff position must take priority when Orientation is in session. Classes and/or other jobs/internships must be approved by the supervisor prior to position start.
Mandatory training for this position will take place on June 9th, 10th, 13th, and 14th.
Additional opportunities to work welcome programming and a make-up Orientation session will take place between August 17th-21st, 2022. This is not a requirement of the position and is an optional opportunity if desired.
The hourly rate for this 8-week position is $15.00, to be received in bi-weekly paychecks. On-campus housing is available for this position. Housing move-in will take place on Wednesday, June 8th, 2022 and housing move-out will take place on or before Saturday, August 6th, 2022.
Successful candidates will:
- Possess great time management skills and be detail-oriented
- Be flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced and changing work environment
- Have excitement and dedication to welcoming new incoming students to Binghamton University
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5
- Be in good academic and judicial standing with the University
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at Binghamton University for the Fall 2022 semester
Applications are due by Wednesday, April 13th, 2022 at 11:59pm through B-Engaged.
Interviews are by invitation only. If selected for an interview, you will be notified via email by Thursday, April 14th so please be sure to check your Binghamton email. Interviews will be held between April 19th-22nd, 2022.
Notification of position selection status will be sent by April 27th, 2022 and contracts will be due by May 6th, 2022.
Questions can be directed to Sarah Boniche, Operations Coordinator for New Student Programs, at email@example.com.
Binghamton University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.