Our Transition and (Transfer)mation Summit is your opportunity to engage with other new transfer students, get a jump start on your career development, and begin to get acclimated to Binghamton University and the local community.
Our summit will be a half-day event starting at 10:00am on Sunday, January 14th. Those students who live on campus will be allowed to move in on either Friday the 12th (for those needing to attend Orientation on Saturday) or Saturday the 13th. As a result of participating in the summit, students will:
- Gain a vast knowledge of academic, social/emotional and career resources available to them on the Binghamton University campus
- Start to create a sense of belonging on campus and within the greater Binghamton Community
- Gain a deeper understanding of their career exploration and potential career paths
Registration is capped at 75 students. If more than75 register, we will utilize a waiting list based on when the student registered. Register online.
NOTE:Registration will be open until January 2nd, 2024.
Schedule of Events (subject to change)
10:00am: Welcome and Kick-Off
10:15am: Art of Communication with Sarah Bull, Director of Writing Studies Minor & Faculty-in-Residence of Dickinson Community
11:15am: Resume & Internships
12:00pm: Lunch with Current Transfer Students
1:00pm: Transfer Student Panel
1:30pm: Rotating Workshops (3)
- Student Employment
- Undergraduate Research
- Community-Engaged Learning
2:30pm: Wrap-Up/Evaluation/Next Steps
- Make sure you indicate any special dietary restrictions on your registration form
If you anticipate a need for disability-related accommodations or auxiliary aids to attend or participate, contact Michael Henningsen at 607-777-3366 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
This program is sponsored by Transfer Student Success and the Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development