Looking up courses
Please visit the Schedule of Classes to access a list of courses offered each semester. The schedule is also available through BU Brain. Instructors will post syllabi on myCourses.
Professional development/student organizations
- College of Community and Public Affairs student organizations
- College of Community and Public Affairs Career and Professional Services (CCAPS): the college has a career and professional services office located in the Downtown Center that’s dedicated to supporting students through professional development workshops, writing tutoring and job and internship advising, as well as assistance with résumés, cover letters and graduate and professional school applications
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW): NASW has the largest membership of any organization of professional social workers in the world. The NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards and to advance sound social policies.
- New York State Education Department (NYSED): NYSED oversees the preparation, licensure and practice of many professions in New York State.
- Continuing education workshops: social workers who are licensed in New York State must meet certain continuing education requirements during each registration period. Continuing education activities and events may also be interesting and informative for current social work students.*
*For more information on the continuing education requirements for licensed social workers in New York State, visit the NYSED Office of the Professions website. For more information on continuing education at Binghamton University, visit the Continuing Education section of the Department of Social Work website.