The business administration program is housed in the School of Management, which is ranked #14 on Fortune's list of the "25 Best Colleges for Earning A Degree." The curriculum provides students with a strong liberal arts background; a sound foundation in the basic disciplines and functional areas of management; and an awareness of the legal, environmental and societal factors which affect decision making in organizations.
In addition, students can complete a concentration in any of several areas (i.e., entrepreneurship, marketing, finance).
- BS in Business Administration
- BS in Business Administration: Business Analytics
- BS in Business Administration: Entrepreneurship
- BS in Business Administration: Finance
- BS in Business Administration: Leadership and Consulting
- BS in Business Administration: Management Information Systems
- BS in Business Administration: Marketing
- BS in Business Administration: Quantitative Finance
- BS in Business Administration: Supply Chain Management
Internships, research opportunities and more
Starting freshman year, the School of Management engages its students through a range of out-of-the-classroom opportunities to prepare them for the real world after they graduate.
Some courses to consider in your first year:
- MATH 220 - Calculus For Business & Mgmt
- ECON 160 - Principles of Microeconomics
- ECON 162 - Principles Of Macroeconomics
- CQS 112 - Statistics For Management
- CQS 111 - Computer Tools for Management
- MGMT 111 - Intro Decision Making in MGMT
- ACCT 211 - Financial Accounting
- ACCT 212 - Managerial Accounting
After You Graduate
Many of students find themselves with several offers after graduation (the job placement and starting salary for School of Management graduates is above the national average). It's also common for business administration students to pursue the five-year program, which allows them to earn their master of business administration (MBA) from Binghamton with just one additional year of study.
Top employers continuously recruit our students for internships and full-time positions. We are the number-one provider of new hires for PwC and EY in New York City. In addition to PwC, EY, KPMG and Deloitte, our students are sought out by companies including American Express, Brevet Capital, Goldman Sachs, Jefferies, IBM, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanley, Citi, RSM US, Grant Thornton, ZenithOptimedia, Bank of America and Protiviti.
You may also be interested in our accelerated/4+1 degree programs which allow students to complete their bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in just 5 years: