At Binghamton University, our nationally-ranked and AACSB-accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides motivated individuals with the necessary skills, experiences and insights to emerge among the future leaders of business.
With real world experiences and lessons taught by a team of dedicated professionals, we ensure our students learn to think critically, communicate effectively and take initiative to support their future career goals. As you work your way up in your career, the need for leadership, budgeting, negotiation, data analysis and decision-making skills will become more and more critical, no matter what industry you work in. An MBA will put you ahead of the game.
With numerous elective offerings to choose from, students will have the opportunity to explore coursework in:
- Business Analytics
- Leadership Studies
- Management Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
There are several different MBA program options, allowing students to choose the path that best fits their needs:
- 4-semester MBA - available to students of all undergraduate majors
- 1-year MBA (for non-business majors) - available to students with prerequisite coursework in statistics and economics
- 1-year MBA (for business majors) - available to students who earned a bachelor's degree in business in the last 5 years from a AACSB-accredited school
- Management/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the School of Management
- Harpur/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- Watson/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science
- MBA in Business Administration
Internships, Research Opportunities and More
The curriculum of our MBA program covers all of the effective foundational areas of business, meaning you’ll get an in-depth look at how all the aspects of an organization work together. This big picture perspective will be vital as you move up in your career.
Our electives are rooted in today’s most pressing topics, allowing you to see how organizations will need to adjust to stay relevant in an economy driven by data analysis and rapidly advancing technology.
The experiential opportunities the School of Management provides are second to none, allowing students to develop the hands-on skills needed for their career. Opportunities include creating media campaigns for real-world organizations, developing industry reports with a team of equity research analysts and working with client-serving professionals to develop cybersecurity expertise.
Students in our four-semester MBA program take part in an internship, allowing them to gain valuable, resume-building experience.
SOM also has its own Career Services office, which provides a wide array of services that include one-on-one career counseling, professional development workshops, career and alumni mentoring events, mock interviews and résumé critiques.
After You Graduate
Over 80% of our recent MBA graduates received a full-time job offer within three months of graduation, and have gone on to work at places like American Express, Citi, Deloitte, EY, Goldman Sachs, Grant Thornton, Horizon Media, Jefferies, JP Morgan, KPMG, Microsoft, Protiviti, Publicis, Mazda Motors, Morgan Stanley, PwC and RSM.
To be eligible for graduate study, you must:
- Provide a complete set of your undergraduate (and, if applicable, graduate) transcripts showing one of the following:
- You have earned a bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- You are within one academic year of earning a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent) from a nationally or regionally accredited college or university
- You are eligible to apply as part of a memorandum of understanding between your current institution and Binghamton University
- Have earned, at minimum, one of the following:
- A 3.0 GPA over your entire undergraduate career
- A 3.0 GPA during your last 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits of your undergraduate degree, with most courses graded regularly (not as "pass/fail")
- A 3.0 GPA in a graduate degree, with most courses graded regularly (not as "pass/fail")
- In consideration of the different grading scales used around the world, each academic department evaluates international transcripts to determine on a case-by-case basis whether they demonstrate one of the above requirements.
To apply, you must submit the following materials. For general guidelines for these materials, see the Admission Requirements website.
- Online graduate degree application with graduate degree application fee
- Transcripts from each college or university that you have attended
- Personal statement of 2 to 3 pages describing your reasons for pursuing graduate study, your career aspirations, your special interests within your field, and any unusual features of your background that might need explanation or be of interest to the graduate admissions committee
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- GRE or GMAT scores are accepted, but not required
International students must also submit the following materials. For more information about these materials, see the International Students section of the Admission Requirements website.
- International Student Financial Statement (ISFS) form
- Supporting financial documentation (such as bank statements, scholarship or sponsor letters, etc.)
- Proof of English proficiency (such as official TOEFL/IELTS/PTE Academic/Duolingo* scores)
- MBA minimum TOEFL iBT score: 96
- MBA minimum TOEFL Essentials score: 10
- MBA minimum IELTS score: 7.0
- MBA minimum PTE Academic score: 65
- MBA minimum Duolingo score: 115
- *In response to the global COVID-19 pandemic, the Graduate School at Binghamton University has temporarily approved the use of the Duolingo English Test as proof of English proficiency through the 2023 application cycle.
This information is subject to change. While we make every effort to update these program pages, we recommend that you contact the department with questions about program-specific requirements.
|Business Administration (MBA)||March 15 (Recommended)||December 1 (Recommended)|
You may also be interested in our accelerated/4+1 degree programs which allow students to complete their bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in just 5 years!
For more information, visit the Business Administration website.