At Binghamton University, our nationally-ranked and AACSB-accredited Master of Business Administration (MBA) program provides motivated individuals with the necessary skills, experiences and insights to emerge among the future leaders of business.
With real world experiences and lessons taught by a team of dedicated professionals, we ensure our students learn to think critically, communicate effectively and take initiative to support their future career goals. As you work your way up in your career, the need for leadership, budgeting, negotiation, data analysis and decision-making skills will become more and more critical, no matter what industry you work in. An MBA will put you ahead of the game.
With numerous elective offerings to choose from, students will have the opportunity to explore coursework in:
- Business Analytics
- Leadership Studies
- Management Information Systems
- Supply Chain Management
There are several different MBA program options, allowing students to choose the path that best fits their needs:
- 4-semester MBA - available to students of all undergraduate majors
- 1-year MBA (for non-business majors) - available to students with prerequisite coursework in statistics and economics
- 1-year MBA (for business majors) - available to students who earned a bachelor's degree in business in the last 5 years from a AACSB-accredited school
- Management/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the School of Management
- Harpur/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in Harpur College of Arts and Sciences
- Watson/MBA 4+1 program - available to current Binghamton University undergraduates in the Thomas J. Watson School of Engineering and Applied Science
- MBA in Business Administration
Internships, Research Opportunities and More
The curriculum of our MBA program covers all of the effective foundational areas of business, meaning you’ll get an in-depth look at how all the aspects of an organization work together. This big picture perspective will be vital as you move up in your career.
Our electives are rooted in today’s most pressing topics, allowing you to see how organizations will need to adjust to stay relevant in an economy driven by data analysis and rapidly advancing technology.
The experiential opportunities the School of Management provides are second to none, allowing students to develop the hands-on skills needed for their career. Opportunities include creating media campaigns for real-world organizations, developing industry reports with a team of equity research analysts and working with client-serving professionals to develop cybersecurity expertise.
Students in our four-semester MBA program take part in an internship, allowing them to gain valuable, resume-building experience.
SOM also has its own Career Services office, which provides a wide array of services that include one-on-one career counseling, professional development workshops, career and alumni mentoring events, mock interviews and résumé critiques.
After You Graduate
Over 80% of our recent MBA graduates received a full-time job offer within three months of graduation, and have gone on to work at places like American Express, Citi, Deloitte, EY, Goldman Sachs, Grant Thornton, Horizon Media, Jefferies, JP Morgan, KPMG, Microsoft, Protiviti, Publicis, Mazda Motors, Morgan Stanley, PwC and RSM.
You may also be interested in our accelerated/4+1 degree programs which allow students to complete their bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in just 5 years!
For more information, visit the Business Administration website.