What are the requirements for planning extra-curricular events this semester?
Given the current circumstances, and for the safety of our campus community, all non-academic (extra-curricular), student-facing events, programs and meetings for fall 2020 will be funneled for approval through B-Engaged and B There.
The specifics of the process are outlined here on the University Union website.
Are in-person events allowed this semester or will they all have to be virtual?
In-person events will be allowed on campus, however, all requesters must follow guidelines as outlined in the non-academic event request process guidelines here.
What spaces on campus are available for in-person events?
There are a range of spaces on campus available for in-person events. You can view the full list of reservable rooms on the University Union website.
I have other questions about planning my events this semester. Where can I go to have
Head to the frequently asked questions page of the Univeristy Union's website to explore the different questions already answered about event planning this semester.
How can I utilize B-Engaged when planning my virtual events?
As your office or group transitions any events you might be planning from in-person to virtual due to COVID-19, here are some best practices for adding virtual events to B-Engaged:
- If you want event links to be private, check the ‘Video Conferencing’ option and add links to virtual meetings (on Zoom,
Google Hangouts, etc.) in the ‘Meeting Link’ field. Also make sure to choose the option
labeled: ‘Only display the location to users who are registered.’
- Note: When users receive their confirmation email from B-Engaged after registering for an event, the link and any password info will be included in that email. The link will be clickable from their email.
- If you want event links to be public, add links to virtual meetings (on Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) instead of room locations
in the event creation form.
- Note: When users receive their confirmation email from B-Engaged after registering for an event, the link (in the location field) will be listed. The link is clickable from their email.
- If you want event links to be public, add links to virtual meetings (on Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) front and center
in the event description (in the event creation form).
- Note: When users receive their confirmation email from B-Engaged after registering for an event, if they choose to add the event to their personal calendar, the event description will show up as the calendar event's description with the link. The link will be clickable from their email.
- Include ‘Virtual’ in every event title.
- Add the ‘Virtual’ Event Tag to every event.
- Encourage event attendees to continue to register on B-Engaged as normal (in order
to maintain accurate attendance tracking for your group).
- Note: Have staff, group members, etc. scan an event QR code displayed at the beginning of a Zoom meeting, screen-share, etc.
- Note: You can also send out reminder emails about your upcoming event that could include the call-in information in the email, as well as send a push notification about the email to those who have the CampusGroups app downloaded.
Email email@example.com with any further questions!
- If you want event links to be private, check the ‘Video Conferencing’ option and add links to virtual meetings (on Zoom, Google Hangouts, etc.) in the ‘Meeting Link’ field. Also make sure to choose the option labeled: ‘Only display the location to users who are registered.’
Are there other features in B-Engaged I can use for events, connecting with my group
You can rely on B-Engaged in a variety of ways right now.
For an outline of all the different virtual tools available to your office or group in B-Engaged, to help facilitate communications, virtual events and more, check out our guide.
What is B-Engaged?
B-Engaged is Binghamton University's official involvement (or engagement) platform. This online system connects students to all the University-recognized groups, as well as offices, on campus. B-Engaged allows groups to promote events, communicate with members and so much more. Learn more here.
When are your upcoming B-Engaged training sessions?
All of our future B-Engaged training sessions, both the general and feature-specific trainings, can be found on our training calendar in B-Engaged.
Can I schedule a private training session just for my office or group?
SAASE is happy to provide private, hands-on training sessions for your office or group. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reach Giovanna Bernardo, our Student Engagement Specialist, who is responsible for B-Engaged's training, outreach and marketing.
Are there any other additional resources I can utilize?
There are a variety of training, troubleshooting and other resources SAASE can provide your group to better assist you in using B-Engaged. Email email@example.com for those materials, and with any other questions or concerns.
How do I log into B-Engaged?
- Navigate To B-Engaged.
- Click 'BU Login.’
- Enter Your PODS Credentials & Click 'Login.'
How do I obtain Officer access to my Group Page?
To obtain Officer access to your B-Engaged Group, have another Officer add you as an Officer of your Group. If no one in your office or your group/organization has access to your B-Engaged Group yet, contact SAASE at firstname.lastname@example.org so you can obtain Officer access.
How do I add other Officers to my Group?
- Log Into B-Engaged.
- Go To Your Group.
- Click 'Dashboard' > Click 'Officers.'
- Click The Yellow 'Add Officer' Button (Top Right).
- Type The PODS Info And/Or Name Of Officers To Be Appointed.
- Check 'Notify Each New Officer By Email.'
- Click 'Add.'
How do I create an event?
- Log Into B-Engaged.
- Search For And/Or Click On Your Group (Group Of ‘People’ Icon On The Top Left Corner).
- Click ‘Events’ (Left-Hand Menu Bar).
- Click Green ‘Create Event’ Button (Top Right Corner).
- Fill In Appropriate Event Info.
- Click Either ‘Save,’ If Completed Or ‘Save As Draft’ To Come Back To/Edit Event.
Besides creating an event, what else can I use B-Engaged for?
B-Engaged offers a robust catalog of functionality for student groups and organizations, as well as university offices, including:
What are some attendance tracking options I can utilize?
There is a wide range of attendance tracking capabilities in B-Engaged, including:
- Swiping User ID Cards
- Scanning User ID Card Barcodes
- Scanning An Event's Custom QR Code
- Typing User PODS Into An Online Kiosk
- Scanning User Custom B-Engaged QR Codes
- And Beyond!
You can choose one option, two or a whole bunch - all at once! Let B-Engaged assist your office or group's in your tracking and assessment goals.
To learn more about attendance tracking, email email@example.com.
I'm a student at Binghamton. Where can I access my Co-Curricular Transcript?
- Log Into B-Engaged.
- Click ‘My Involvement' (Left-Hand Menu).
- Select 'My CCT' From The Dropdown.
NEED MORE HELP WITH B-ENGAGED?
Check out our B-Engaged Training Hub on our YouTube channel now!