"Freedom is the bonus we still receive for knowing the truth."
— Martin Luther King, Jr.
As we turn another corner in history, higher education is challenged to be transformative in addressing demographic changes. Now more than ever we must adapt technologically and socially in order to successfully navigate COVID-19 amid efforts to promote anti-racism and multicultural inclusion. Join us on this journey as we take the steps needed for sustained and impactful change.
The SADDI Committee is a cross-section of professional staff, faculty and students that convenes monthly to strategically identify barriers that impede the success of underrepresented minority (URM) students. Culturally sensitive strategies and recommendations are sought for implementation with the divisional diversity officer’s (DDO) advisement. Initiatives will collaboratively support the goals of Binghamton University’s Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DDEI).
SADDI committee members:
- Diana Castellanos, Student Affairs Divisional Diversity Officer (DDO)
- Anne Saint-Juste, Student Affairs Divisional Diversity Officer (DDO)
- Anne Lewis, Services for Students with Disabilities
- Barrett Brenton, Center for Civic Engagement
- Marissa Zelman, TRIO/Student Support Services
- Joanna Cardona-Lozado, Educational Opportunity Program
- Tiffany Soto, Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development
- Erica Juarez, Vice President of Multicultural Affairs (undergraduate student representative)
You can reach Diana Castellanos at 607-777-2322 or email@example.com.
You can reach Anne Saint-Juste at 607-777-4451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below is a list of resources that will help you educate yourself on diversity topics. We will continue to add to this list.
Binghamton University Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) website.
- Binghamton University Library Anti-Racism and Resource Guide
- Common Read Project
- Critical Whiteness Studies