The SADDI Grant was created in an effort to streamline funding through Binghamton University’s Road Map strategic plan. This process allows divisional offices to compete for funds that assist with student-focused programming that promotes social justice and/or celebrates diversity. Some guidelines:
- Grant funding seeks to aid in retention initiatives for underrepresented minority students.
- Due to limited funds, SADDI grants are not intended to sustain programming but instead are "seed" funds that help launch diversity initiatives.
- Departments are encouraged to collaborate with each other on projects and programs.
- Student organizations must partner or be sponsored by a department of mutual interest for eligibility.
- Creative, innovative and technological ideas are welcomed!
The SADDI Committee assists the divisional diversity officers (DDO) with grant decisions. Applicants should contact the DDOs for specific questions about the application process.