Learn more: Virtual events
Interested in learning more about our online offerings? Join us for a virtual event!
You'll have the chance to get all of your questions answered, as we'll discuss eligibility, expectations, curriculum and the application process.
Flexible online programs
Prepare for a rewarding career in education! Ranked among the top 100 graduate programs in the country, the Department of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership (TLEL) at Binghamton University now offers a wide selection of online programs to give students maximum flexibility. Benefits include:
- Part-time and full-time options to accommodate your busy schedule
- Courses completely online
- Regular interaction with faculty, advisers, and students in your cohort
- Supportive program coordination
- No GRE scores required to apply
Interested in online education at Binghamton University? Email email@example.com to learn more!
Online graduate degree programs
Our Master of Science in Education (MSEd) in Literacy Education program prepares students with the necessary skills to become effective literacy instructors, specialists or consultants.
We offer literacy education degrees in:
- Birth through grade 6
- Grades 5 through 12
- Birth through grade 12
Our program leads to eligibility for New York state professional teaching certification, and our students are prepared for leadership roles as competent and qualified literacy teachers, specialists and consultants.
Our Master of Science in Education (MSEd) in Special Education degree program provides knowledge and skills to fulfill various special educator roles in today's schools and communities.
We emphasize collaboration with families and methods that respect and respond to individual differences.
Our program has four tracks:
- Early Childhood Special Education (Birth to Grade 2)
- Early Childhood and Childhood Special Education (Birth to Grade 6)
- Childhood Special Education (Grades 1 to 6)
- Adolescence Special Education (Grades 7 to 12)
With employment opportunities on the rise, our programs prepare you for a rewarding career in education and pave the way for certification in New York state.
Our Master of Science (MS) in Educational Studies program is designed for:
- Those interested in a master's degree in education, but not seeking teacher certification
- Teaching, social service, health, or other professionals who desire preparation in education and who wish to work in community schools (integrated systems of support) or with agencies associated with the community schools strategy
- International students seeking to learn about education systems in the U.S.
- Educators with teaching certification seeking professional certification in their content area
Online advanced certificate programs
All of our advanced certificate programs are offered online!
Adolescence Special Education
Our adolescence special education advanced certificate program is designed for students who possess an initial New York state teacher certification and seek initial and professional certification in Students with Disabilities (SWD) 7-12 Generalist with eligibility for the SWD content area extension.
Our educational leadership advanced certificate program is open to experienced educators from pre-K to high school who seek both the NYS School District Leader and School Building Leader Certification.
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) - Coming Soon!
Our advanced certificate in TESOL is designed for teachers who are certified (or becoming certified) and are seeking New York State certification in ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages). For students looking to earn a master's degree, the courses required for this certificate can be transferred to the MSEd in TESOL program.
Our community schools advanced certificate program can be completed in one year of part-time study. Community schools are a strategy for organizing school and community resources around student success.
Request more info about graduate offerings