Have you ever wished you had an older brother or sister here at Binghamton who could show you the ropes and help you out from time to time? TRIO Mentors can help! Available to all incoming students throughout the fall semester, TRIO Mentors are fellow SSS students, who are navigating campus with some of the same challenges you may face:
- getting a job or an internship
- finding volunteer opportunities
- learning how to navigate Degree Works and how to register for courses
- discovering who the best teachers are
- figuring out the best places to live
- learning how to avoid "the freshman 15"
- knowing how to survive the likelihood of being attacked by an actual Bearcat up in the hills of the Nature Preserve...
New SSS students can request to be matched with a TRIO Mentor through a survey sent out to eligible students in the fall.
Returning students who are interested in becoming a TRIO Mentor can learn more.
Walk-in Peer Mentoring Hours
Walk-in Peer Mentoring hours offer a more casual mentoring option. Connect with these peer mentors(you'll know them by their nifty Peer Mentoring nametags) in the SSS Office suite (during the fall semester only).
Monday through Thursday 3–7 p.m.
Friday Noon–3 p.m.
- serve as a sounding board for decision-making
- talk through immediate personal issues or concerns
- help you make an appointment with your academic counselor
- make referrals to various campus resources
- help you navigate Degree Works & register for courses
- are an extra source of support
- can answer your questions