We appreciate your patience throughout this process and, as always, sincerely thank you for your patronage. The Recreation Center at the East Gym opens this semester with reduced capacity and hours of operation.
As we adjust to the ongoing challenges of this new academic year, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily limit membership to students, faculty and staff with current BingU ID cards (not community cards) for the spring and summer of 2021. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to welcome you back in the future.
Students, faculty and staff can purchase a membership online. Community memberships (including affiliates and alumni) and are currently unavailable due to current COVID-19 guidelines at the University.
All currently enrolled Binghamton University students pay a recreation fee and have access to the Rec Center for open recreation activities like swimming, basketball, volleyball, tennis and disc golf. A fitness membership is required for access to the FitSpace fitness center and group fitness classes.
Note: Students must be enrolled in summer or fall classes at Binghamton University to have access to the Rec Center during summer sessions.
- Summer Session I (June 1 – July 2): $30
- Summer Session II (July 6 – August 13): $30
- Binghamton college student day pass: $8
Campus Recreation has temporarily suspended the sale of all annual memberships, including annual, academic annual and repetitive (12-month contract) due to the uncertain circumstances surrounding the coronavirus.
All activities in the Rec Center at the East Gym require advanced registration, either online or through Campus Recreation's app for Android or Apple devices. Reservations can be made up to 48 hours in advance. If you're no longer able to come at your scheduled time, please cancel your reservation online so that others may attend.
Making a reservation online
- Go to https://recreation.binghamton.edu/ or use the app
- Select the activity, then the day
- Find the correct time, then click the Book Now button.
Canceling a reservation online for FitSpace, the gymnasium or pool:
- Go to https://recreation.binghamton.edu/ or use the app, click the Reservations icon
- All upcoming reservations are listed under the Upcoming heading
- Find the booking you want to cancel, click the three dots and then Cancel Booking
Canceling a reservation online for group fitness classes
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your reservation in a group fitness class
Rec Center Front Desk