University Tutorial Services
University Tutorial Services is currently accepting applications for the position of Student Manager. UTS provides tutorial services to undergraduate students in over 100 courses. Student Managers provide customer service support at our primary tutoring site.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the CIW Library
- Keep the library tidy (clean boards, push in chairs, etc.)
- Maintain safe and secure environment
- Answer general tutoring questions from students
- Answer the CIW Library phone at the front desk and take messages
- Visit our other tutoring locations to resupply materials as necessary
- Assist tutors and students with Starfish software
- Compile attendance data
- Provide superior customer service by acting with integrity and courtesy
- Communicate any issues to the Program Aide in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Current Binghamton University student in good academic standing
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Available for up to 10 hours per week
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Must be honest, responsible, and dependable
- Must be able to problem solve and "think on your feet"
- Previous office or customer service experience
- Knowledge of Starfish software
- Data entry experience
- Work-study funding
This position will be paid $11.10 per hour.
If interested, please complete an application on our website at http://binghamton.edu/clt/tutoring-services/applications/ then submit your resume, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for two references to email@example.com with the subject title "[Your Last Name]_UTS Student Manager ".
Example: "Smith_UTS Student Manager" Questions can also be directed to the same e-mail.