Why we offer a pantry
Food insecurity has increasingly become an issue on college and university campuses and can pose a significant barrier to student success. Many students come to campus with limited resources and little experience managing their needs. Hunger makes it difficult to study, sleep, or engage in academics and social activities at the same level as peers. If our students' physiological needs aren't being met, it ultimately decreases the chances of meeting their full potential and their overall experience at Binghamton University. The pantry is equipped to provide a variety of food and personal care items for our students in need.
How to use the pantry
Students who wish to access the pantry are welcome during food pantry scheduled hours. Please check in with food pantry staff in RC-162 in the Rockefeller Center. Staff will accompany you to the pantry in RC-168.
Donate to the pantry
We are sustained by the generosity of our donors. We seek donations of perishable and non-perishable food items as well as personal care items and small household items. Those who wish to donate to the pantry can drop off items during open hours. For more information, contact the pantry at email@example.com!
The pantry is currently in need of the following items:
- Personal care items — tissues, deodorant, shampoo, razors, toilet paper
- Condiments — ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, BBQ sauce, salad dressing, etc.
- Kitchen staples — sugar, flour, olive oil, spices, small sized salt and pepper shakers
- High-protein non-perishables — nuts, trail mix, beans, canned chicken, protein bars
- Cereal other than Cheerios and Chex (we have lots of those)
- Boxed or dried milk
- Juice, Gatorade, etc.
- Canned fruit or fruit cups
- Gluten free and Kosher
- School supplies
- Different kinds of sauces
- Microwave popcorn — individual packets
- Visit local pantries and soup kitchens in the Greater Binghamton area.
- Free produce is also distributed locally. Find out more via the Binghamton Food Rescue website and Facebook page.
- Have a bunch of ingredients, but you don't know what to make? Check out supercook.com — type in the ingredients that you have and find creative recipes you can make with them!
- Find, share and save recipes at: