A professional college with a reputation for excellence
Binghamton University's Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences encompasses three schools:
- Decker School of Nursing
- School of Rehabilitation Sciences
- School of Applied Health Sciences
The Decker School of Nursing within Decker College provides outstanding preparation in nursing education, scholarship and practice. Ranked the seventh best nursing school in New York state, the school has earned an enviable reputation among nursing programs worldwide and is recognized for its commitment to educational excellence and as a growing leader in nursing research, as demonstrated by the accomplishments of our Kresge Center for Nursing Research.
The Decker School of Nursing offers bachelor's, master's, post-master's certificate, doctor of nursing practice (DNP) and doctor of philosophy (PhD) in nursing programs. The success rate of our graduates is outstanding, with many assuming leadership roles in practice, education and administration throughout the nation.
- Our undergraduate nursing programs provide a solid foundation from which baccalaureate-prepared candidates are poised to take and pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
- The master's and doctoral nursing programs reflect a commitment to improving the health of rural communities through education of nurses to provide the highest quality care for rural individuals, families and communities.
- Binghamton University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market St., Suite 2 West, Philadelphia, PA 19104, msche.org, 267-284-5000. The next mid-point peer review is 2025.
- Binghamton University is professionally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K St., NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, ccneaccreditation.org, 202-887-6791. CCNE accredits the baccalaureate, master's doctor of nursing practice and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at Decker College. The next review is June 2029.
- Binghamton University is approved as a degree-granting institution by the Trustees of the State University of New York and the Board of Regents of New York State. New York State Education Department, State University of New York, Central Administration, State University Plaza, Albany, NY 12246, nysed.gov, 518-474-3852.
- The Decker College of Nursing and Health Science's Innovative Simulation and Practice Center (ISPC) is accredited by the Society for Simulation (SSH) in Healthcare in the area of Teaching/Education through May 2022.
The Decker Foundation, established by G. Clifford and Florence B. Decker (a local dentist and his wife) supports educational and healthcare activities in the region, and awarded the School of Nursing at Binghamton University a generous grant in December 1989. The college is named to honor these benefactors; we are proud to carry the Decker name as a legacy to their generosity and belief in the power of education.