A professional college with a reputation for excellence
Binghamton University's Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences encompasses three schools:
- Decker School of Nursing
- School of Rehabilitation Sciences
- School of Applied Health Sciences
The Decker School of Nursing within Decker College provides outstanding preparation in nursing education, scholarship and practice. Ranked the seventh best nursing school in New York state, the school has earned an enviable reputation among nursing programs worldwide and is recognized for its commitment to educational excellence and as a growing leader in nursing research, as demonstrated by the accomplishments of our Kresge Center for Nursing Research.
The Decker School of Nursing offers bachelor's, master's, post-master's certificate, doctor of nursing practice (DNP) and doctor of philosophy (PhD) in nursing programs. The success rate of our graduates is outstanding, with many assuming leadership roles in practice, education and administration throughout the nation.
- Our undergraduate nursing programs provide a solid foundation from which baccalaureate-prepared candidates are poised to take and pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
- The master's and doctoral nursing programs reflect a commitment to improving the health of rural communities through education of nurses to provide the highest quality care for rural individuals, families and communities.
- All programs of Binghamton University's Decker School of Nursing are accredited by the New York State Board of Regents.
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and the master's degree programs in nursing at the Decker School of Nursing, State University of New York, are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The doctor of nursing practice program and post-graduate APRN certificate programs at the Decker School of Nursing, State University of New York, are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The Decker College of Nursing and Health Science's Innovative Simulation and Practice Center (ISPC) is accredited by the Society for Simulation (SSH) in Healthcare in the area of Teaching/Education through May 2022.
The Decker Foundation, established by G. Clifford and Florence B. Decker (a local dentist and his wife) supports educational and healthcare activities in the region, and awarded the School of Nursing at Binghamton University a generous grant in December 1989. The college is named to honor these benefactors; we are proud to carry the Decker name as a legacy to their generosity and belief in the power of education.