Looking to connect with colleagues across campus? Consider joining one of our affinity groups. Conversations will cover any number of topics, the affinity group just gives members a common experience from which relationships can grow.
If you are interested in creating a new group or picking up a group currently on hiatus, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our PSS Affinity Groups calendar for the latest meetings and events.
- LGBTQIA+ - host Em Goodlife
Connect with colleagues who identify, experience, express or are in the process of exploring their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Professional Staff of Color
The Professional Staff of Color will restart in person with Diana Castellanos and Ann Saint-Juste temporarily co-leading. The first meeting will be Feb. 21st in DEI LSG 532 from 12-1pm for a lunch session. More details to follow in Dateline.
- Bing Sistas is an affinity group for female faculty and staff of color of Binghamton University led by Dr. Sharon Bryant and Dr. Anne Bailey. The purpose of the group is to create space for BIPOC women to share their experiences in academia; including joys and challenges. This is also a diverse network of professional women at various stages in their academic career who can offer support in navigating specific paths in higher education. The group meets 1x a month via Zoom on the 4th Friday of each month at 7:00pm to 8:30pm. To be added to our listserv please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Running Group - host Christianna Friedrichsen
Join the running group for our weekly run! Meet at the pavilion by lot M on campus. All levels of runners are welcome!
- Wellness Group - hosts Aly Novi and Carly Miller
Join the wellness affinity group to connect with colleagues who are interested in all aspects of wellness, share ideas and tips, and/or stay accountable on your health journey.
Groups on hiatus
- All things outdoors
The southern tier is a great location for engaging in outdoor activities. Talk with like-minded colleagues about hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing and more!
- Good Cheer: all things spirits, wine & beer
A great group for wine aficionados, craft beer brewers (or consumers) and folks looking for tips on some great drinks!
Juggling work and parenthood is not for the faint-of-heart! Connect, support and commiserate with other working parents.
- Podcast Club
Connect with a community of podcast lovers who discuss one episode of one podcast each meeting; basically, a book club for podcasts.