Looking to connect with colleagues across campus? Consider joining one of our affinity groups. Conversations will cover any number of topics, the affinity group just gives members a common experience from which relationships can grow.
While working from home, we're meeting via Zoom. Contact the group host for the address.
- All things outdoors - host Laura Cichostepski
(On summer hiatus) The southern tier is a great location for engaging in outdoor activities. Talk with like-minded colleagues about hiking, kayaking, biking, skiing and more!
- Good Cheer: all things spirits, wine & beer - host Valerie Roosa
A great group for wine aficionados, craft beer brewers (or consumers) and folks looking for tips on some great drinks!
- LGBTQIA+ - host Kaitlin Maynard
Connect with colleagues who identify, experience, express or are in the process of exploring their sexual orientation or gender identity, as well as campus allies.
- Parents - host Amy Pollock Drake
Juggling work and parenthood is not for the faint-of-heart! Connect, support and commiserate with other working parents.
- Podcast Club - host Robert Lawrence
Connect with a community of podcast lovers who discuss one episode of one podcast each meeting; basically, a book club for podcasts.
- Professionals of Color - host Jazell Johnson
Connect with colleagues to build community, network, and share tips and resources.
Colleague Connection Program
Information for Participants
Why join Colleague Connections?
The purpose of the PSS Colleague Connection Program is to help employees build strong and vibrant social and professional networks to create a welcoming and warm campus community environment.
Other advantages include:
* Meet friends outside of your office or division
* Build one's knowledge of other offices and areas on campus
* Learn more about university practices and organizational culture
* Share information about events, attractions, and other aspects of the local community
* Participate in networking and social events exclusive to Colleague Connection participants. In addition to various events that PSS holds throughout the year, the Colleague Connections program holds one large event each year to ensure participants get to have fun with their match and meet other professionals too. In 2018 we held a bowling night, and in 2019 we will rent a luxury box at a Rumble Ponies game (details TBA).
What is involved in the program?
* Fill out our online form to join. We'll do our best to match you with a colleague
who has similar interests.
* Once paired, meet with your match at least once a month for six months.
* Be open to answering questions about campus, the larger community, etc.
* Be willing to connect your match with others on campus whether for professional or social reasons.
* Respond promptly to your match's outreach
Join Colleague Connections!
Any professional staff member that would like to participate can complete our online form to be matched with a colleague on campus.
A representative of PSS will introduce you to your match via email, then it's up to you and your match to schedule your first meeting.