- Phone Chargers
- Headphones (available with microphone)
- DVD players (available at Bartle Library only)
- Projectors (available at Science Library only)
- Financial calculators and scientific/graphing calculators
- Presentation remotes
Patron Responsibilities and Loan Period
- Patrons are responsible for physical care of all loaned technology.
- Technology loan periods are three hours, or until ten minutes before the service desk closes.
- All devices must be returned prior to the desk closing. Overdue fines are $.25 per minute.
- Only Binghamton University students, faculty and staff with a valid ID card may borrow laptops.
Printing from Library Laptops
Printing is available by emailing your job to firstname.lastname@example.org. Log on to a print station in the Information Commons at Bartle, Science and University Downtown Center (UDC) Libraries using your PODS account to retrieve your printed pages.
Saving Your Work
Material saved on the hard drive or desktop will be lost when the device shuts down or loses power for any reason. Save your work early and often. If you wish to save your work to a permanent location, you may do so by:
- Saving to your personal USB drive
- Saving to your H: drive server space
- Emailing your work as an attachment
- Using an online service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, etc.
Laptop Lending Agreement
DO NOT LEAVE LAPTOPS UNATTENDED. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SECURITY.
- By borrowing this library-owned device, you accept all responsibility for it.
- You are responsible for the replacement fee of up to $2200 if the laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out to you.
- You are responsible for peripherals (mouse, power cord, carrying case) that come with the device. Replacement fees vary.
- You agree to report any problems to a library staff member.
- Laptops circulate from the Reader Services Desk in Bartle, Science, and UDC Libraries.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first served basis. They may not be reserved in advance.
- Laptops may be renewed in person unless another borrower is waiting for a device. Phone or email renewal requests will not be accepted.
- The laptop loan period is three hours, or until ten minutes before the service desk closes. All devices must be returned ten minutes prior to the desk closing. Overdue fines are $.25 per minute.
- Borrowers who do not return laptops will have a hold placed on their Library and Registrar record. Laptops not returned after 24 hours will be considered lost/stolen and a full replacement cost ($2200) will be charged. Charges for damages to the device will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Borrowers are required to abide by the Binghamton University Computer Use Policies and Procedures
Proper Care and Use
- Laptops are delicate electronic devices and require certain care to insure proper operation.
- Laptops should be turned off and placed in its folded position any time it is moved.
- Laptops are made available for the pursuit of scholarly activities and research. You may not install your own software or change system settings.
- The laptops may not be used to interfere with or disrupt other users, services or equipment. Disruptions include, but are not limited to, harassment, distribution of unsolicited advertising, propagation of computer viruses, or attempts to make unauthorized entry to other computers.