Spring-Admitted First-Year Families - Spring 2024
Families may choose to participate in our Family Orientation Session on October 22.
Sunday, October 22nd from 10:00am-4:00pm.
Details will be emailed to those registered.
During this in-person session on our campus, families will hear from and participate in:
- Parent and Family Programs Welcome
- Current Binghamton University Students
- Residential Life and Housing Information
- Q&A with Financial Services: Financial Aid and Student Accounts
Attendees will be able to see campus and connect in-person with staff and students. Offices will not be open for walk-ins as this session takes place during a weekend day. Please note that this session is CONCURRENT to your student’s Orientation session if they are attending in October.
Please note: There is no family program associated with the January Orientation session.
Additional Virtual Resources
Aside from our Family Orientation, supplemental virtual opportunities for families to engage with our campus include:
- Viewing our Virtual Campus Tour
- Joining the "Binghamton University Bearcat Family" Facebook page
- Subscribe to the monthly Parent Connect Newsletter
- Viewing a Faculty Webinar through our Admissions Office
- Engaging with Student Life Services
- Viewing an Undergraduate Admissions General Information Session
How to register
All newly admitted students who have paid their admission deposit will have access to the Orientation checklist. The first item to complete is to register for an Orientation session. During the registration process, students may register parents and family members as well.
Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email further instructions for your Family Orientation Session. The confirmation email tends to go to spam, so please be sure to check there if you do not see it in your inbox; it will be coming from our registration system, VZOrientation.
If you experience any trouble registering for Orientation, please contact our office so we may assist you either over the phone at 607-777-6393 or through email at email@example.com.