Undergrad Student Resources


If you have questions about registration, here are several resources for you.

​The best way to get the courses that you want is to register as soon as your registration window opens.

The College Scheduler program helps students create several potential schedules at registration time so that, once registration opens, students have several options set up in case a course that they want is already full.

If a course that you want is full, keep a watch on BU Brain throughout add/drop.  It is not unusual for students to change their registration, which may open a spot for you.  The activity sections of General Physics have wait lists available.  Students can get on the wait list for the lab and when their space becomes available, they would then register for all three components of the course.  

If you have a time conflict with classes, and need to take both classes, you will need to complete aCourse Conflict form.
Our department sets some seats aside for freshman and transfer orientations during the summer.  These seats will be opened to other students once orientation is over.  The courses that have held seats are only in the fall semester and include PHYS 121, 131, 132, and ASTR 114.

For those who have taken an AP Exam, credits can be applied in several ways.  If you haven't already done so, have your scores sent to Student Records.

Many of our undergraduate students come to us with credits from another school or want to take courses at a school near their hometown during the summer.  Find out about transferring credits to BU through Admssions.

Some students want to take another school's version of PHYS 121, 122, 131, or 132 as a completely online course.  However, these introductory physics courses require a certain number of lab experiments in addition to the course's discussion and lecture components.  Some online courses do not meet this criteria  Please review the Equivalency Table for information.

If you are not a Watson student, but want to take the Watson-Only Introductory Physics courses, complete this form.  To be eligible, Calculus II is a pre-requisite or co-requisite.

Do you need help with your physics classes?  Please come to Physics Help Room in S2 G23.  There are other help options through The Tutoring Center.  Would you like to meet with your professor?  Here is a listing of contact information for physics instructors.