Study Abroad

Study abroad information

We work closely with the Office of International Education and Global Initiatives (IEGI) and advise our students to do so too. Students can study abroad through Binghamton, other-SUNY schools, and non-SUNY programs. Students receive Binghamton credit from Binghamton programs and transfer credit from non-Binghamton programs. 

The IEGI can answer questions about funding for education abroad, where to find scholarships and how to apply for them, cost effective program options (exchange programs), and how to pick a program that would be compatible with your financial aid package.

Interested students must meet with an adviser in Romance Languages and Literatures to have their course selection pre-approved. If you do not know who your adviser is, or need to have an adviser assigned, please contact the RL department Office Assistant Cindy Gates.

Programs sponsored by the department of Romance Languages and Literatures:


Binghamton University offers scholarships and grants to students attending specific study programs each summer and semester term. For eligibility criteria and application materials, please contact the Office of International Education and Global Initatives , and see our section on scholarships.

How to Get Started

Visit Education Abroad Drop-In Advising to talk with an Education Abroad Advisor about how to get started, program options, and any other education abroad questions! To schedule an advising appointment outside of drop-in advising hours or to meet virtually, email