Binghamton University residential colleges are thoughtfully designed with the needs and preferences of students in mind.  Disability access is incorporated into all newer facilities and wheelchair accessible accommodations are available in a wide range of residential areas on campus. Rooms with visual fire alarms are available to students with hearing impairments, upon request. While the University does not provide personal attendant care services, the SSD office can refer you to appropriate home care agencies and assist you in advocating with them for your needs.

Students with documented long-term or permanent disabilities or serious medical conditions may request housing accommodations. To be eligible for housing accommodations the student must have a disability and the disability must necessitate adjustments to the living environment.

To Request Housing Accommodations:

*All students must participate in the Reslidential Life room self-selection process regardless of whether or not you have been approved for a housing accommodation. 

  1. Complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form and return it to Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). These requests may be submitted at any time as long as you are an accepted student at Binghamton University.
  2. After appropriate documentation has been submitted, SSD will reach out to discuss your request in greater detail if necessary. All requests are made on a case-by-case basis.
  3. SSD will notify you and Residential Life if your request for a housing accommodation has been approved or denied.