Quality Management Fundamentals
- Instructor: Daryl Santos, Professor SSIE Department at Binghamton University.
- Open year round
- Delivery: Self-paced online. The course consists of 8 hours of video lectures with self-assessment quizzes (not graded) and a final multiple choice exam (graded).
- Credentials: Participants who successfully complete the course by passing the final exam will receive the Quality Management Fundamentals digital badge and will get access to a printable Binghamton University issued course completion certificate.
- Who can take this course: This course is open to all engineers, professionals and students.
ABOUT THE COURSE
In today's competitive world, quality is a fundamental expectation of all customers. The quality of your organization's products and services is the foundation of your business success. Brand loyalty, market performance, and customer satisfaction all rely on building a strong reputation that begins with superior quality. Building a reputation for outstanding quality; however, does not happen by accident. It takes business leaders, supervisors, engineers and all employees to design, develop and deliver products and services that satisfy our customers' needs. This course teaches several proven and powerful quality management methods for ensuring that the products and services your business provides is meeting the performance expectations that your customers demand.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE
- Quality History and Juran's Quality Principles.
- Cost of Quality and the Cost of Poor Quality.
- The 7 "Old" and 7 "New" Total Quality Management (TQM) Tools.
- Metrology and Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Process Capability and Process Stability.
- Achieving 6-Sigma quality performance and beyond.
- Multivariate and Short Run SPC.
- Quality Management Systems following ISO and Malcolm Baldrige criteria.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Dr. Daryl Santos is the Vice Provost for Diversity and Inclusiveness and Professor of Academic Affairs, Office of the Executive VP and Provost; Systems Science and Industrial Engineering. Dr. Santos has a MS, PhD form University of Houston. His research interests are production scheduling and control, engineering optimization, quality assurance, engineering management and electronics packaging. Dr. Santos is also a Master Black Belt.
- $250: Standard/Industry rate
- $225: Standard/Industry group rate (3-5 people from the same organization)
$150: BU or SUNY faculty/staff, BU alumni graduated before May 2021
- $105: Non-BU and non-SUNY students (must give evidence of matriculation at University/College)
$95: BU or SUNY Students and recent BU alumni (graduated in May 2021 or later)/High School Students
- $35: Retake fee Students (Proof of previous course registration required)
- $50: Retake fee Non-Students (Proof of previous course registration required)
For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach at:
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Please note our cancellation and refund policy: All cancellations must be received in writing (email) to the Office of Industrial Outreach. All refunds will be assessed a 10% administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after you have started the course. Submit your cancellation request to EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.