Advanced Probability & Statistics
- Instructor: Dr. Shuxia (Susan) Lu
- Open year round
- Delivery: Self-paced online, 6 hours of pre-recorded lectures, self assessment quizzes (not graded) and a multiple choice final exam (graded).
- Credentials: A Advanced Probability and Statistics digital badge will be issued to students who pass the exam. Participants will also be able to download and print a Binghamton University issued course completion certificate.
- Who can take this course: This course is intended for all engineers, professionals, faculty and students.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Our world is becoming more and more data intensive with every passing day; so the need to translate data into useful and meaningful information is greater than ever before. The ability to collect and analyze a variety of data types using descriptive and inferential statistics is foundational to effectively interpreting your specific sets of data, as well as understanding the appropriate analytical techniques for the various types of data collected will determine the outcome of your analysis. This course will teach you important concepts, principles and practices so that you can be much more successful at gaining important insights from your data analysis. (Introduction to Probability and Statistics, or equivalent, is a recommended prerequisite for this course)
The course will be delivered via 6 hours of pre-recorded lectures. Students will receive support via virtual office hours and email with the instructor and teaching assistant. A take-home exam will be distributed and graded and a course certificate and a digital badge will be issued to passing students (a grade of 70% or above)
- Session 1 - Hypothesis test: type 1 error, type 2 error, ANOVA, MANOVA, Nonparametric Tests
- Session 2 - Correlation Analysis, Regression Analysis, Multiple Regression
- Session 3 - Logistic Regression Analysis, Root Cause Analysis
- Session 4 - Factorial Experiment, Fractional Factorial Experiment, Minitab
- Session 5 - Reliability Total Productive Maintenance, MANOVA with Minitab, Regression with Minitab, Correlation with Minitab
Dr. Professor Shuxia (Susan) Lu is a professor in the Systems Science and Industrial Engineering Department at Binghamton University (SUNY).
- $250: Standard Rate
- $150: BU and SUNY faculty/staff/BU Alumni (graduated May 2020 or before)
- $95: BU and SUNY Students/Recent Alumni graduated Dec 2020 or after/High School Students
- $105: Non-BU and Non-SUNY students (must prove immatriculation at other University/College)
- $35: Retake Fee Students (we will verify previous regsitration)
- $50: Retake Fee Non-Students (we will verify previous regsitration)
For questions, contact the Office of Industrial Outreach by email: email@example.com
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
Please note our cancellation and refund policy: All cancellations must be received in writing (email) to the Office of Industrial Outreach. All refunds will be assessed a 10% administrative fee. No refunds for cancellations or non-attendance will be given after you have started the course. Submit your cancellation request to EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the course is canceled, enrollees will be advised and receive a full refund.