Master's and PhD Programs
Systems Science and Industrial Engineering*
- Healthcare Systems Engineering (MS)
- Health Systems (Exec MS)
- Industrial and Systems Engineering (MEng, MS, PhD)
- Systems Science (MS, PhD)
*These departments also have online graduate programs available. Contact the department for more information.
Our graduates are eagerly sought by high-technology businesses, financial firms, research labs, universities, and management firms such as Amazon, Corning, Ford, Global Foundries, Goldman Sachs, Google, IBM, JP Morgan Chase, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft, Oregon Institute of Technology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and the University of Minnesota.
Research programs play an integral role in graduate studies at the Watson School. In addition to those receiving University-sponsored teaching/research assistantships, over 100 graduate students are supported by research grants from government agencies and contracts from industrial partners.
Faculty research in...
- Applied nanomaterials
- Computer security
- Control systems
- Electronics manufacturing
- Electronics packaging (thermal, fluids, structural, electrical, materials, reliability)
- Electronics, photonics
- Human factors
- Information hiding and digital imagery
- Information systems
- Materials synthesis and characterization
- Microfluidic devices
- Multi-core computer algorithms
- Networking, virtual machines
- Signal processing and communications
- Solar power, photovoltaic devices
- Supply chain management