The Provost's Award for Excellence in Interprofessional Education recognizes an individual(s) whose efforts have made a significant and sustained impact on interprofessional education at Binghamton University.
Criteria used in selection
Accomplishments for recognition for this award include, but are not limited to individuals who:
- Demonstrates commitment and outstanding contribution to Interprofessional Education (IPE) at Binghamton University.
- Demonstrates collaboration by inspiring others to engage in interprofessional activities/programs that promote the mission, vision and values of IPE at Binghamton University.
- Exhibits collaborative behavior on IP teams to achieve tasks and outcomes regardless of team role (e.g. in role of team member or team leader).
- Promotes collaborative practice among Binghamton University learners and in the local and regional community.
- Demonstrates excellence in academic research and scholarship that informs and advances pedagogy for interprofessional education and/or the field of collaborative practice.
Full-time, tenure-track and non-tenure-track faculty from across the disciplines are eligible for the award.
Candidates must have completed at least three consecutive semesters of full-time service and have delivered IPE curriculum for at least two academic years, preferably in a sustained role at Binghamton University.
Individuals serving in part-time or visiting capacities are ineligible for the award. Faculty, students and staff are all encouraged to nominate award candidates. Self-nominations are also welcome.
- Nomination letter, maximum two pages, speaking to selection criteria.
- Statement from nominee (if not a self-nomination) of 300-500 words
- Curriculum vitae of nominee
- Up to three letters of support from administrators, colleagues, students, community partners.
- Additional support materials such as student feedback, publications, technical reports, presentations, news materials or community partner feedback.
Nominations should be submitted electronically to Vicki Griffin, Office of the Provost, at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 15, 2022.
A selection committee composed of the IPE director, associate dean from Decker College of Nursing and Health Sciences, associate dean from the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, associate dean from the College of Community and Public Affairs, and the previous year's IPE Provost's Award winner will review nominations and submit its award recommendation to the provost.