One of the highest distinctions a student can receive is to be selected as a student speaker for your Commencement ceremony. It is a chance to represent Binghamton University and your school by giving an address that inspires, encourages and reflects the vision and hopes of the Class of 2019. The address not only commemorates the event but also gives a student the opportunity to pay tribute to those who have helped him/her along the way as well as tout the accomplishments of fellow graduates.
To be considered as a student speaker
- Undergraduates can contact their respective school for guidelines.
- CCPA Student Speaker Application Process (coming soon)
- Decker School Student Speaker Application
- Harpur College Student Speaker Application Process
- School of Management Student Speaker Application Process (coming soon)
- Watson School Student Speaker Application Process
Once student speakers are selected:
- Student will be notified by respective school
- Student speaker will then work with Communications and Marketing to prepare and finalize speech
- MANDATORY rehearsal in Events Center the week of Commencement