Support and Resources

We're here to help — Binghamton Support Network

Not sure where to go to get the help you need? The Binghamton Support Network is a searchable database compiling on- and off-campus resources and contact information.

CARE Team — Case Management Services

Our CARE Team helps students cope with complex situation including supporting them through challenges or crisis, advocating for their success, referring them to resources and helping in the withdrawal process.


The University Counseling Center provides comprehensive clinical and referral services to Binghamton University's undergraduate students, graduate students and affiliated entities. Our goal is to enhance the psychological well-being of our students so they can take full advantage of the educational opportunities at the University.

After-hours counseling

If you are in need of an urgent phone consultation with a counselor, either for yourself or someone you are concerned about, you may reach one of our counselors by calling the Counseling Center (UCC) at 777-2772 and pressing 2 on the voicemail menu. The counselor you speak with will ask for your name, but you may also remain anonymous if you wish.

Decker Student Health Services

The Decker Student Health Services Center provides currently registered Binghamton University students and affiliated entities with primary care of acute illness and injury, health education, women’s health services (including birth control), travel medicine, immunizations, HIV testing, psychiatric consultation and laboratory services. All Binghamton University students are eligible to visit the Decker Student Health Services Center. All services are confidential.

Distressed students

Students in distress often display changes in personality or behavior, such as a lack of interest or engagement with others or signs of aggression. If you suspect you're dealing with a distressed student, we recommend taking action at the first sign of a problem.


For life-threatening emergencies, please contact University Police at 911 or 607-777-2222. More information on various resources availble during emergency situations is available on our Emergencies web page

Student Emergency Fund

The Binghamton University Student Emergency Grant is an award of financial assistance for currently enrolled Binghamton University students experiencing unusual and unforeseen financial demands that immediately threaten one’s academic progress and success, and for which there is no other source of reasonable remedy for the student. Find more information here.

Faculty and staff

As faculty and staff, many of us interact with students on a daily basis, and one significant way we can work together is by making students aware of the resources available to them at Binghamton. As you begin to create your class syllabi, we recommend that you include one of our syllabi inserts that highlight some of the services offered on campus.

Student ID pictures available to faculty in portal

The my.binghamton portal now allows faculty members to access thumbnail images of students enrolled in their courses for the semester. The new feature is under the My Courses tab and uses data from the ID card system to provide a visual roster. If you are a current faculty member, log in with your CAS credentials to see this new feature. Contact the Help Desk with any questions at 607-777-6420 or

Hazing policy

If you or someone you know is a victim of hazing, you can find information about our policy and report an incident online.

Homelessness / housing insecurity

Students who are experiencing homelessness or housing insecurity should contact Karima Legette, director of the Educational Opportunity Program and Binghamton's Homeless Liaison, at She is the designated point of contact for students experiencing housing insecurity or homelessness — defined by SUNY as lack of a "fixed, regular and adequate nighttime residence” — and can help students meet their academic, financial and wraparound support needs.

Housing insecurity or homelessness could apply to students who have a challenge finding or maintaining reliable, consistent and safe housing. It could present as students couch surfing, living in a motel or hotel, staying overnight in private or public spaces that do not typically offer residence, or sleeping in personal or public vehicles or transportation hubs.

Parents and families

We have numerous resources available for our students' parents and families. Find out how to join our Bearcat Family, stay connected and get involved on the Parent and Family Programs website.


There are a number of policies, regulations and reports that are important to be familiar with, whether you’re a student, faculty or staff member, or parent. You can find these publications, including the Student Handbook and the Code of Student Conduct and information on the release of student records under the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), on the Division of Student Affairs page.

Scholarships and awards

DOS is here to act as a resource for those students looking to apply for awards and scholarships. Please use the links listed below to find out about opportunities to receive University awards and scholarships, as well as some external awards that are available. If you have any questions, email us at

Students who are parents

Juggling the responsibilities of being both a parent and a student can be challenging. Binghamton University has numerous resources available to support you, as well as a list of resources available in the local Binghamton area.

Success coaching for undergraduate students

Peer and professional Success Coaches support undergraduate student learning through personalized one-on-one coaching appointments, weekly supportive accountability groups, workshops and access to virtual resources. They are trained to identify potential barriers to academic success and collaboratively create strengths-based tailored interventions for students regarding topics like goal setting, time and task management, study skill, motivation, organization, productivity and more! For more information and to sign up for an appointment, visit our B-Successful website.

Contact us:

  • Mountainview Community, Appalachian Hall, G17
  • 607-777-5007
  • Questions can be sent to


The Violence, Abuse and Rape Crisis Center (VARCC) is housed in a centrally located but calm, private space on the third floor of Old Johnson Hall where it provides a single place for students — or anyone ­— to report an incident of sexual violence. Visit the VARCC website to learn more about the services provided and meet the team.