Health services offered
- Routine pap smears
- Annual pelvic and breast examinations
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections
- Diagnosis and treatment of urinary tract infections, pelvic inflammatory disease and menstrual disorders
- Birth control
- Urine pregnancy testing
- Post-abortion examinations
- Emergency contraception
- Information on community resources
- Oral contraception
- DepoProvera — DepoProvera can be prescribed by providers at the Decker Student Health Services Center. If you wish to have DepoProvera administered by the Decker Student Health Services Center after it was prescribed by your home provider, you will be required to submit documentation of the order and the date it was last administered
Emergency contraception (EC/MAP) is a way to reduce your risk of pregnancy after having unprotected sex. It is not intended to be used as a regular birth control method.
- Must be taken within five days after unprotected sex to be effective
- Available for purchase at the Decker Student Health Services Center's front office – pricing information available here
- Can also be purchased over the counter at a local pharmacy
Menstrual care products and safer sex kits can also be ordered for free online through the Healthy Campus Initiative website.
The Decker Student Health Services Center is committed to providing all options to our students who find themselves with an unplanned pregnancy. Students will be supported in whatever decision they make regarding the ongoing care of their pregnancy, whether they wish to be referred for obstetrical care, to be referred for adoption counseling, or to be referred for pregnancy termination services.