Immigration / Visa Services

Human Resources works in conjunction with departments to assist current and prospective State-funded faculty and professional staff in preparing the necessary documents for H-1B (Specialty Occupation) visas and permanent residency. 

Tax Treaty Services

The United States has negotiated tax treaties with many other countries in the world. Individuals who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of the United States may be able to claim exemption from or a reduced rate for withholding on certain types of income.  

Honoraria Payments for International Guest Speakers and Lecturers

Not all visa holders are eligible to receive payment; therefore, discussing this prior to making any commitments to the presenter is very important.