Binghamton University offices will rely on the Binghamton University email address as the primary means of communication with you. After you complete your new hire information with Human Resources, an email address will be set up for you. This may take up to 3-5 business days.
Here’s how you may access your new email address and change your password:
• Enter your username and click Submit.
• Enter the One-Time-Password in the box provided.
• The first time you access the password reset portal, you’ll be asked to accept the
“Acceptable Use Policy”, More information on the Acceptable Use Policy is available
• Create and confirm a new password and click Submit.
• For information about two-factor authentication, access https://www.binghamton.
• Your Binghamton University Computer Account Username and password will be used for myCourses, Self-Service Banner, my.binghamton.edu portal, Library resources, campus network validation, systems using CAS (Central Authentication Service), SUNY Employees Portal and access to public computers on campus.
• Your Computer account and Binghamton University email address are now ready for use! Note that your email address is in the form firstname.lastname@example.org and uses the password you just submitted. Your mail can be accessed from the website http://bmail.binghamton.edu
More information about your Binghamton University email, such as forwarding, listservs, accessing your email and mailbox quotas, is available at
For assistance, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 607-777-6420.