Spring 2019 Recognition Luncheon
The Spring 2019 Recognition Luncheon was held on March 6, 2019 from Noon-1:00 p.m. in Old Union Hall. This year's winner is Courtney Ignarri, Administrative Coordinator of Graduate Affairs in Harpur College!
To highlight campus professionals who have made invaluable contributions to the campus community and to their profession through exemplary service.
Eligible applicants include all Professional Staff Senate represented employees, which includes the following groups:
- Research Foundation (RF) exempt employees;
- Management Confidential (M/C)
- United University Professionals (UUP)
FROM THE CONSTITUTION: The constituency of PSS shall consist of all professional staff holding permanent, term, administrative or temporary appointment, with the exception of:
- The President and Vice Presidents.
- Those with academic or qualified academic rank whose primary responsibility is teaching, research or the Library.
- Those with voting faculty privileges.
- Research Foundation non-exempt staff
Please contact the Rules Committee Chair to verify eligibility.
Candidates for receipt of the Distinguished Service Award are reviewed according to the following merits:
- Quality of service (has the individual gone “above and beyond” the calling of their role to provide true constituent service and effect lasting impressions?)
- Reach of service (do the effects of this service impact other offices and/or different aspects of the student experience?)
- Quantity of service (has the individual been a long-term contributor for one or more organizations and to what extent?)
- Candidates for the Distinguished Service Award (DSA) can be nominated any professional
member of the campus community
- Completed applications include submission of the online nomination form and two letters of recommendation.
- A DSA selection committee is convened to review the applications received in each academic cycle.
- The DSA award recipients shall be determined by the end of the Spring Semester each
- All professional members of campus are eligible to participate in the DSA selection committee.
- Neither nominators nor nominees can participate in the DSA selection process.
The committee may choose to award up to two recipients per year.
- The DSA award recipient(s) shall be determined by the end of the Spring Semester each academic year.
- Formal recognition will take place at the annual Professional Staff Senate (PSS) Distinguished Services Awards Luncheon and constituencymeeting.
- The awardee(s) will also be appropriately recognized in PSS and University publications.
- The award includes a framed certificate monetary award, and, the names of the awardee(s) will be added to the Distinguished Service Award plaque on display in the lobby of the Couper Administration Building.
The Distinguished Service Award Committee shall select two professionals who have made invaluable contributions to the campus community and to their profession through exemplary service.
The nomination period will is announced each spring via Dateline and the PSS newsletter. Candidate review for the annual Distinguished Service Award is underway now and nominations are being accepted online through February 14, 2020.
Distinguished Service Award Winners
Other Recognition Opportunities Available to Professional Staff
PSS maintains a list of other recognition opportunities available for professional staff both on campus and within the SUNY system.