Mission: The Evaluation Coordinating Committee shall be charged with conducting regular evaluations of senior administrators who have significant responsibilities involved with professional staff. These positions include, but are not limited to: the President, the Vice President for each division, and the Chief Diversity Officer.
We strongly believe that evaluation has three key purposes:
- Identify what is working
- Identify areas for improvement
- Inform future planning
and with this in mind we work to provide strengths-focused and solutions-based evaluations.
For Academic year 2020/2021 the PSS Evaluation Coordinating Committee chose to evaluate the University’s Fall 2020 response to the COVID pandemic. While our previous reports have been a private exchange between the Committee and the evaluee, the Fall 2020 evaluation was designed to be shared. Note: The public version of the report does not contain the raw qualitative data to preserve the anonymity of respondents.
A major desire of our respondents was to have some sort of guiding documentation to assist supervisors with juggling all the challenges of leading in a pandemic. With the wealth of responses we received, our committee was able to develop a guiding document with peers’ advice and supervisees’ suggestions in relation to:
- Modeling Covid Compliance
- Addressing Pandemic-Related Concerns
- Improving Communication
- Reviewing and Reprioritizing Departmental and Office Demands
- Striving for Actionable Plans for Issues Raised
Schedule of Evaluations
The current schedule of evaluations is under review by the commitee.
|Year||Subject of Evaluation||Notes|
|Fall 2020||University COVID Response||Public report|
|Spring 2020||University President||Private report|
|Fall 2018||Vice President for Operations||Private report|
|Spring 2018||Vice President for Student Affairs||Private report|
- Kevin Boettcher - Development Specialist, Office of Strategic Research Initiatives
- Sharon Bunch – UDC Reader Services Coordinator, University Libraries
- Cait Crisman – Emergency Management Coordinator, Office of Emergency Management
- Courtney Ignarri - Assistant Dean for Graduate Affairs, Harpur College
- Sara Oliveira – Instructional Developer, Center for Learning and Teaching
- Manar Sabry – Senior Assistant Director for Strategic Analysis, Student Affairs Assessment and Solutions for Engagement (SAASE)
- Cherie van Putten - Instructional Designer, Center for Learning and Teaching