Professional Development Grant
The Professional Development Grant offers financial reimbursement to campus professional staff for professional development, growth, and/or advancement. Eligible applicants include employees from the areas of Research Foundation, M/C, and UUP. Faculty and CSEA represented staff are not eligible.
Submission due date is March 5, 2018 for Spring 2018.
- The Professional Development Grant reimburses Professional Employees for past or future professional development, growth, and/or advancement activities taking place within January 1, 2018 - May 31, 2018.
- Recipients will be notified no later than March 23, 2018.
- Awarded funds will be distributed once the activity is completed and receipts have been submitted.
- Receipts must be submitted 30 days after the event or May 31, whichever comes first. Failure to do so will result is lack of funding.
Note: An opportunity for funding for activities taking place within June 1, 2018 - December 31, 2018 will be available in Fall 2018.
Only projects or activities from the following categories will be considered:
- Basic, applied or historical research
- Curriculum or instructional material development
- Workshop, seminar, internship or course (not covered by Contract Article 46/SUNY tuition waiver)
- Conference participation or attendance
- Preparation of material for publication
- Grant proposal development
- Artistic or creative endeavors
- Professional reading or independent study
- Other work-related professional development projects or activities
Examples of Types of Support:
- Registration fees for conference or workshop
- Travel and related expenses (includes lodging and meals)
- Research support (e.g., computer time, network access or support, clerical support)
- Course related supplies.
No reimbursement will be made for:
- The expenses already funded by departments/organizations/other sources. Please submit only the expenses that the department is not paying for.
- Stipends, compensation, personal expenses, or purchase of equipment
- Parking or traffic tickets, or fines of any type
These guidelines will be reviewed annually.
Complete the online application. On the application you will be asked to upload a single PDF, that includes the following:
- A summary of the objective of the attendance/purchase/or activity and an explanation of how this has, or will, enhance your skills or benefit the institution.
- A letter of support from your immediate supervisor. In this letter, please ask your supervisor to explicitly state that the department will not be funding this professional development opportunity.
- Scanned receipts OR if your activity/event is in the future, estimated costs.
- A copy of registration information/program, if applicable.
Due to a large number of applicants, incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants will not be notified if the submission is incomplete. Please ensure you have included all of the above.
Professional Development Grant Winners
- Robert Emmett, Athletics
- Linda Salomons, Office of the Dean of Students
- Renee Andrews, Physical Facilities Long Term Planning
- Erik Colon, Educational Opportunity Program
- Colin Evans, Residence Life
- Mary Petrosky, Physical Facilities
- Josué Quiñones, Educational Opportunity Program
- Mark Allen
- Janine Bautista
- Andrea MacArgel
- Alexsa Silva
- Mary Jane Sager