At Binghamton Residential Life, learning communities are part of our core. Classes and experiences are designed for each community to foster interaction and learning within a smaller group. Each community has its own theme with area-based classes that are relevant and reserved just for residents. Students who sign up for learning communities are usually housed together and have opportunities to participate in special group service projects, workshops and field trips with others sharing similar interests and goals.
You will be able to apply for a learning community when you go through the housing process. Most learning communities will request additional information from you about your interest.
Residential Life Learning Communities:
- Animals and Society — at College-in-the-Woods
- CoRE – Computers, Robotics and Engineering at Dickinson
- Engineering at Mountainview
- Environmental Action and Studies at College-in-the-Woods
- LGBTQ+ Living Community at Newing
- Nursing at Mountainview
- Public Service at Hinman
- Romance Languages at Mountainview
- SCORE — Student Collaboration on Residential Experiences at Hinman