This housing process is for students who want to live on campus for fall 2020 through spring 2021.
The online housing process consists of TWO separate parts:
- Registration and group formation
- Room selection
Starts at 1 p.m. on October 17.
To participate in room selection, you MUST register by midnight the day BEFORE your priority starts.
Registering does not obligate you to continue the housing process.
Priority Points – October 17 through November 1
Students who register for housing by agreeing to the housing license between October 17 and November 1 will be awarded 15 Priority Points.
- Priority Points will be added to academic credits that are used in determining time slots for room selection.
- Priority Points will be given to every student who registers by November 1, so groups of students will accumulate points.
- Students do not need to form groups to get priority points.
Registration and group formation continues November 2 through February 18
Learning Community applications due in area offices by January 31.
Students returning to the Hinman Public Service; CIW Politics, Law and Society or International Relations; Dickinson CoRe or Entrepreneurial LCs, will be contacted directly by the Community so watch your email.
- Students who are applying for or returning to learning communities must register in order to sign the University Housing License.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance into the Learning Community prior to the start of room selection.
- Students who are accepted into a Learning Community, will not participate in the online room selection process.
- For more information about learning communities, go here.
Is from February 19 through March 2. Students will choose a room/flat/suite/apartment.
Cancellation deadline is on April 1, 2020.
All students who select a room and then cancel housing will be assessed a $200 cancellation charge. Housing cancellation requests will not be accepted after April 1, 2020 unless a student is transferring, withdrawing, or studying abroad.
- Throughout the housing process, communication will be sent exclusively through B-MAIL. Check your B-mail often for updates.
- Students who fail to select a room during this process are not guaranteed on-campus housing.
- After room selection be sure to check your housing on the Application Status page in the housing portal.
Students with documented long-term or permanent disabilities or serious medical conditions may request housing accommodations through Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD). Residential Life has the most flexibility to work with and meet accommodations for students who apply for and receive their accommodation by January 31. Remember, it takes time to process an accommodation request so apply as early as possible.
Students who currently have a housing accommodation and plan to return to on-campus housing for 2020-2021 must re-apply for their accommodation.
Signing up as a part of a group allows students to share a room, flat, suite and/or apartment with students of their choice.
The most important thing to remember about group formation is that the group size needs to match the space configuration of the area. For example to fill a Hinman suite a group needs to be 4 or 6 people to match the room configuration of the Hinman suites. Before forming a group be sure to check our room styles on this page. This will allow you to make sure your group size matches the room configurations in your desired area.
To form a group
- In order to form a group, all members of the group must have registered by logging into the housing system and signing the University housing license.
- Choose a GROUP LEADER. The Group Leader will create a group in the housing portal and invite others to join the group. The Group Leader can be changed. For room selection you will want to be sure the Group Leader meets the requirement for the priority you are selecting your room under.
- All GROUP MEMBERS must accept the invitation to join the group. Once you join a group, other students will not be able to find you when they search for roommates in the portal.
- If you form a group and then change your plans, the Group Leader can delete the group. Individuals can also opt to leave the group.
- If you are considering a specialty housing option be sure everyone in your group signs the agreement(s). Everyone in the group must sign the SAME optional Specialty Housing Agreements.
Group sizes for students planning to select a room in Newing should not be larger than 2 people (3 if you want to select a triple room).
Students are not required to be part of a group. Students who opt to sign up as an individual do not need to participate in group formation.