Summer housing will be available May 30–Aug. 13
The deadline for signing up for Summer Session 1 and Full Summer housing has passed. Future applications will be accepted on a space-available basis. Applications will re-open for Summer Session 2 housing in a couple of weeks — deadline is June 17.
Email the Apartments Community office if you want to be put on a wait list for Summer Session 1 housing.
The summer housing rate is $259 per week to be billed to the student's account. Students who occupy an apartment for any portion of a week will be billed for the entire week. The summer billing week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Students will be billed in one invoice from Student Accounts. Residential Life cannot arrange for payment plans, alter billing cycles, etc. Students whose housing is covered by a research program will not be billed.
The deadlines to submit summer housing applications are as follows:
- Term 1: April 29, 2022
- Term 2: June 17, 2022
- Students may request to live in summer housing for Term 1, Term 2, both terms, or for specific weeks of the summer.
Students may apply after these dates, but it is not guaranteed that the application will be processed prior to the start of the summer term.
All students (Binghamton and non-Binghamton) residing on campus during the summer have agreed to both the Binghamton University Student Code of Conduct and the Housing License. All policies and procedures in these documents will be upheld. Binghamton University students who violate these policies may be subject to loss of summer housing and/or student conduct action. Non-Binghamton University students may be subject to loss of housing and loss of your sponsoring organization and your home campus Dean of Students/Vice President of Student Affairs will be notified.
Particular policies to note:
- Summer residents under the legal age of 21 in the State of New York are not permitted to possess alcoholic beverages. No one may have open containers outdoors. Those residents of age living with students who are not of age should keep any personal alcoholic beverages in the privacy of their individual bedroom.
- Binghamton University is a smoke- and tobacco-free campus both indoors and outdoors. See University policies for more information.
Gender-inclusive housing seeks to provide an environment that is welcoming to all gender identities, trans identities, and is not limited to the traditional gender binary (male and female). Students who sign up for gender-inclusive housing agree to live with and be welcoming to apartment mates of all gender identities. Please be sure gender-inclusive housing is the best option for you before selecting it on the summer housing application.
- Term 1: Check in Monday, May 30 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Check out is July 2.
- Term 2: Check in Sunday, July 10from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Check out Aug. 13, 2022.
- Students may also apply for housing in weekly increments.
- Any residents wishing to check-in outside of these times must be requested in advance during business hours. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
During check-in you’ll receive your apartment and bedroom key, your mailbox number and combination, a lanyard and for Rockland residents – a housing access card. The first person to check-in will receive an "Apartment occupied sign" for the front door. Binghamton students may login to the housing portal to retrieve their information.
Apartments contain single bedrooms. Living room, bathroom and kitchen space is shared.
Kitchens contain a full-sized refrigerator, stove/oven, sink and cabinets, but students must provide their own microwave if they want one. Automatic dishwashers are not provided.
Apartments used for summer housing do not have air conditioning and students are not permitted to provide their own air-conditioning.
This is an independent-living experience. Students are expected to do all of their own cleaning.
What to bring
Students must bring their own bedding, cooking items (pots, pans, etc.), plates/utensils and their own paper, toilet paper, garbage bags and cleaning products. See our What to Bring guide for more details.
Dining services during the summer
There is no full-service dining provided on campus during the summer months. Dining halls are closed but retail dining is open limited hours Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch.
Summer mail service will be Tuesday, May 31 through Friday, August 12. For complete mail services and hours, see their website.
Hillside and Susquehanna mailrooms
- Susquehanna mailroom is outside the office – Choconut 102, between Brandywine and Choconut. The doorway is on the left, under the covered outdoor entryway, before you enter the hallway to the office.
- Hillside mailroom is behind Belmont, across from Palisades.
If you plan to bring a vehicle to campus, you do need to get a summer parking permit.See the Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS) website for more detailed information.
Campus shuttle service
Limited campus shuttle service is available over the summer as well as the BC Transit Service. Check this web page for more details.
Laundry rooms are different for each building but are generally on the ground floor of each. You may need card access. Laundry facilities are free but residents need to bring their own detergent.
If something needs to be repaired, contact us at 607-777-2904, email email@example.com or stop by during business hours. Provide specific information, your contact information and when you'll be available for apartment access.
Emergency work orders
For emergency issues, call 607-777-2904 during business hours. After 7 p.m. or weekends, contact the RA on duty or University Police.
Lost keys and lock-outs
If you lose your key, notify staff immediately. You will be charged for a re-key. For lock-out service:
- Weekdays 8 a.m.–noon and 1 to 4 p.m., see Apartments office staff in Choconut 102
- Weekdays from 4 to 7 p.m., contact your building RA
- After 7 p.m. and weekends, contact the RA on duty: Susquehanna RA: 607-777-7101; Hillside RA: 607-777-5158
- Summer session 1 check-out is Saturday, July 2, 9 a.m. to noon
- Summer session 2/full summer check-out is Saturday, Aug. 13, 9 a.m. to noon
- If unable to check-out during these days/times follow Express check out instructions below
- Remove all belongings
- Clean your room and apartment
- Take all trash to dumpster
- Return all keys to the RA office, your RA will complete your check-out and assess for damages
- Follow instructions above
- Pick up an express check-out envelope in Choconut 102
- Fill out information, put all keys and access card (if applicable) inside, seal and put in drop box outside Choconut 102
- Any damages will be assessed and billed accordingly.
Cancelling summer housing
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 607-777-2904.