The on-campus Culinary MakerSpace is a commercial-grade kitchen created for student culinary exploration.
Location: Ground floor, Hinman Dining Center
- Room 1400 Culinary MakerSpace
- Room 1900 Culinary MakerSpace Community Room
Training: In order to utilize the MakerSpace, you must first complete an online training module through B-Engaged. Once you have successfully read through all training materials and scored a 100% on the module quizzes, email Peter Nardone, director of The Union, to confirm you have completed your online training.
Online training will feature a review of food safety, information on materials and preparation, review of how to use the cooking equipment and proper cleaning techniques. The training is required for the requester of the room and those who wish to cook and use the equipment. Email Pete Nardone with any questions regarding the MakerSpace training.
Reserving the MakerSpace: After training is completed, the space can be reserved through B-There at the link below. Reservation requests for the MakerSpace will be under M HDS 1900 in B-There.
10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
*All requests must be for a minimum of an hour in length to accomodate clean up.
- Training is mandatory for use if any student, faculty or staff member wishes to cook or use any of the equipment
- Must schedule three weeks in advance
- Cancellations must be three days in advance or subject to charge
- A fee is associated with supervised use
- Must order ingredients from BUDS two weeks in advance
- Must complete facility condition form
- Must clean up after use
- Must have FUN