The on-campus Culinary MakerSpace is a commercial-grade kitchen created for student culinary exploration.
Location: Ground floor, Hinman Dining Center
- Room 1400 Culinary MakerSpace
- Room 1900 Culinary MakerSpace Community Room
Training: In order to utilize the MakerSpace, you must first complete an orientation training. There are two more trainings available this semester. These trainings will be offered from 10 a.m. – noon Tuesday, Nov. 30 and Tuesday, Dec. 14 in the Culinary MakerSpace.
Trainings will feature a review of the Binghamton University Food Policy, fire safety and equipment safety. The training is required for the requester of the room and those who wish to cook and use the equipment. To sign up for a training, email Pete Nardone.
Reserving the MakerSpace: After training is completed, the space can be reserved through B-There at the link below. Reservation requests for the MakerSpace will be under M HDS 1900 in B-There.
10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday
*All requests must be for a minimum of an hour in length to accomodate clean up.
- Training is mandatory for use
- Must schedule three weeks in advance
- Cancellations must be three days in advance or subject to charge
- A fee is associated with supervised use
- Must order ingredients from BUDS two weeks in advance
- Must complete facility condition form
- Must clean up after use
- Must have FUN