The leadership and consulting concentration will enhance your ability to lead and manage people and organizations throughout your career. In today’s workplace, leadership happens at all levels — from entry-level to CEO. Developing these skills will make you a valuable asset on any team and in any work environment.
During your studies, you will receive a comprehensive assessment of you leadership skills to help you create a personal development plan. This concentration emphasizes hands-on practice through case simulations, consulting projects and speaker engagements. In the required Strategic Leadership course students engage in experiential learning through which they work as consultants for local non-profit organizations. Core courses will help you refine your presentation, writing and public speaking skills.
The leadership and consulting concentration is fulfilled by three required courses and one elective course. The current schedule for these courses is available in the Schedule of Classes on the BU Brain. Descriptions of courses are listed in the Binghamton University Bulletin and course descriptions for the upcoming semester are available on the BU Brain.
Contact Academic Advising for the most updated list of core courses and electives.
(Select either LEAD 352 or LEAD 354)
- LEAD 351 - Leadership Skills&Development
- LEAD 353 - Strategic Leadership
- LEAD 352 - Team Leadership
- LEAD 354 - Innovation and Creativity
Select one of the following
- FIN 324 - Corporate Finance
- MATH 226 - Integration Tech & Application
- MATH 227 - Infinite Series
- MATH 447 - Probability Theory
- MIS 480E - Advanced Spreadsheeting
- MKTG 320 - Marketing Research
- MKTG 475 - Data Driven Marketing
- PSYC 344 - Research Methods
- PSYC 385 - Exp Psyc- Psychological Tests
- SCM 360 - SpreadsheetModeling&Dec Making
- SCM 460 - Bus Intelligence & Analytics
- SCM 480E - Managing Healthcare Operations