2023/24 Season Vision Statement (coming soon)
- Student/Child $10
- Alumni/Faculty/Senior/Staff/Veteran $15
- Public $20
2023-24 Mainstage Productions
- By Belinda Bremner
- Directed by Brandon Wright
- 8 p.m. October 12, 13, 14, 27, 28
- 2 p.m. October 14, 15, 28, 29
- Studio A (FA 192)
- Directed by Lakshmi Damayanthi
- 8 p.m. November 16 -18
- 2 p.m. November 19
- Watters Theatre
- Adapted by Will Pomerantz from the play by Anton Chekhov
- Directed by Will Pomerantz
- 8 p.m. February 22, 23, 24
- 2 p.m. February 25th
- Watters Theater
The Light in the Piazza:
- Book by Craig Lucas
- Music and Lyrics by Adam Guettel
- Directed by Tommy Iafrate
- Music Directed by Melissa Yanchak
- 8 p.m. April 11, 12, 13
- 2 p.m. April 13 and 14
- University Art Museum
As part of our mainstage production season, a representative within the network of the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival sees our faculty-directed theater productions to review and recognize students for outstanding work in performance, stage management and design. Here are the 2022-23 Nominees, Awardees and Participants in the Festival Conference.
During 2022-23, a number of students were recognized by the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival. Irene Ryan Nominees and Musical Theatre Intensive (MTI) Nominees are eligible to participate in the Irene Ryan Acting Scholarship Auditions and MTI Scholarship Auditions, which provides recognition, honor, and financial assistance to outstanding student performers wishing to pursue further education.
The Irene Ryan Scholarship Award Nominees for Into the Woods:
- Jenna Cooperman and Patrick Saint Ange with alternate Jillian Carley
- The Musical Theatre Intensive nominee is Kristina Yim.
For Thrive or What You Will, The Irene Ryan Scholarship Award Nominees are:
- Ally Restrepo, Kaitlyn Hennie with alternate Cameron Reilly-Steele;
- Design, Technology and Management Nominees for Thrive are
- Madison Stolarski; Stage Manager;
- Sophia Greggio Mas; Ass't Costume Designer and
- Neva Derewetzky; Composer and Sound designer;
The Irene Ryan Scholarship Award Nominees for Rent are:
- Patrick Saint Ange, Liz Rivera with alternate Nat Fox
- The Musical Theater Intensive nominee is Sophia Romano with alternate Saoirse Cohen
Eventually Kristina Yim went to the Region 2 KCACTF festival and was selected as the
Musical Theater Intensive awardee and subsequently attended the national festival at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC, where she was awarded the Creative Artist Award, which was presented “for excellence in the creative arts”.
Be sure to visit our audition information page for the latest information. Auditions for Fall productions happen in the first week of classes. Auditions for Spring productions take place towards the end of the Fall Semester.
We are fortunate to have a variety of production facilities to work in, ranging from a 100-seat black box in the Fine Arts Building to a 1200+ seat Concert Theatre in the Anderson Center for Performing Arts.
Arts in Education
Offering special performances for curriculum enrichment through BOCES Organizations, Individual Teachers and Homeschool Networks. Matinee performances for K-12 audiences, Q & A with Cast and Crew, Discussion Panel, and OnSite Workshops when applicable.