Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership
Online programs available
TLEL now offers a wide selection of online programs to give students maximum flexibility, with part-time and full-time options available.
GRE scores not required to apply!
Start on your path to a rewarding career in education with a degree from the nationally ranked Department of Teaching, Learning, and Educational Leadership (TLEL)! Our many programs balance rigorous academics with exciting opportunities for professional growth, offering you a valuable return on your educational investment.
Now Accepting Applications for Fall 2023!
Highlights of our programs
- Fully online programs are available, giving students the flexibility to take courses while working.
- Our small, student-centered classes promote active learning and enable students to build strong connections with each other and our expert faculty.
- Our carefully-planned curriculum ensures our graduates are well grounded in both their discipline and culturally responsive teaching practices.
- Field education and opportunities, including a Residency Program, place students in local school districts, giving them a chance to apply what they are learning in the classroom.
- Our advanced certificate and 4+1/accelerated degree offerings help students enhance their marketability.
Binghamton University and TLEL provide a number of financial assistance opportunities to help students cover a portion of their full cost of attendance.
We have several upcoming info sessions and virtual events that will highlight how our programs can help you! Join us to get all of your questions answered!
New: TLEL's Residency Program allows students to gain valuable paid clinical experiences while working within local partner school districts!
Our Community and Network
Coupled with sufficient professional experience, our program prepares students to enter careers in the full range of the field of education.